Arin Ilejay

Okay, can I just say something really quickly that I feel I need to say? I know people are gonna disagree with me here, but I really just wanted to get this off my chest because it's upsetting me. And I know this is like a month old or whatever, but I just now found out today because I haven't been in the loop for a while.

A7X is getting rid of Arin? Like what the actual fuck.

This just pisses me off so much. Not that anyone could ever replace Jimmy, but Arin wasn't a bad drummer, and granted, I didn't like him at first, but that was because I could never imagine anyone taking Jimmy's place. And he didn't, he carried on with the band, he didn't replace Jimmy.

But are they seriously going to get rid of him?

Like, just . . . ugh. I want to rip my hair out.

If you've heard Not Ready to Die and Carry On, you know that Arin is a beast on the drums. They made him dumb down the drumming for HTTK and basically pushed out this boring album that didn't sound anything like Avenged Sevenfold to me at all.

I don't care if they were "paying homage to their favorite bands," they always put their spin on things, and it just frustrates me that they put out an album that was so bad that I actually hated half the songs at first. I literally had to skip over Requiem and Planets because they gave me a migraine.

Now don't get me wrong, Planets is actually now my favorite song from that album, and I don't really dislike it as much as I used to. But my point is, the overall reception of that album was just horrible.

I know bands sometimes put out shitty albums and they come back stronger, and that's what I'm hoping is going to happen here, but I'm terrified at the same time, because:

"Creatively though, we felt we needed to move in a different direction."

What, are they going to dumb it down even more? Is that even possible? It just worries me that they're going to come out with another album that I'm not going to like and as a fan, it hurts to think that there's something that my favorite band is going to put out that I'm not going to like. And I know others have to feel the same way, right?

Either way, I really liked Arin and it just upsets me. Are they gonna get a new drummer for every album now or what? To the point where it just gets old?

*sigh* Please don't hate me for hating on the band. I'm not really hating on them, I'm just upset over this whole thing. It makes me sad because for one, I liked Arin, and two, I just want them to put out music that gets me excited again. Not that makes me want to skip over half the tracks because they sound repetitive and boring.

Does anyone feel the same or am I totally alone here?
September 1st, 2015 at 09:15am