Day One: Why Are You Entering This Challenge and What Do You Hope to Gain From It?

Hi all! I don't know how many people will really read this but I figured it would be a good idea to write it. I enjoy attempting to participate in Mibba's challenges, it makes me feel like I belong in this community again. For those of you that don't know me, I've been a member of this site since 2006! Wow, nine full years, it seems kind of crazy to me that it's been that long. Originally when I signed up I never intended to start writing, but suddenly I started. Over the years I've deleted most of the things I've written, because after revision they weren't really the writing style I wanted to be associated with my name. Then, for a few years I disappeared because a lot of things were happening in my life and now, over the last three years, I've been back! Recently, I've been trying to write a lot so I can get back in the swing of it and find my style again. I feel like entering this challenge will help me find a few stolen moments each day that I can take for myself. So, I'm entering this contest to help remind myself to write, every day and in return from it I'm hoping to find myself, and my passion for the written word all over again.
September 2nd, 2015 at 07:18am