Dear Diary: Day 2 | Makeup Stuff

Blog about some songs you’ve been into lately.

So obviously I'm not gonna be doing these in order because if you know me, you know I can't commit to things like that.

I really adore music, like I'm sure most of you do. I don't fine new music that often, though. It's new to me but I'm always behind the times to I'm a reverse hipster and find things late. I think they call that out of the loops. ANYWAYS. Here's a list of songs I've been jamming to a ton lately.



Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
I've always loved this song. My mom used to play it a ton when I was little and me and my sister always randomly sing it. I hadn't listened to it in a long time, but it's been in my playlists constantly latey.



Lonely Boy - The Black Keys
God this song is so good. There's actually a story on here that I read a couple years ago (and recc'd in my recc blog) based off of this song. I read the story again recently and it's reignited my love for this song.



Medicine - the 1975
Kimi made a ficmix for Aphrodite and this song was the last song in the playlist and it fits the story so perfectly that I just keep listening to it. I have a few songs by the 1975 that I adore but I'd never heard this song and it's really lovely.



Let it Go - James Bay
Casually gonna ignore the fact that the song from Frozen came up first when I went to search for this. I adore James Bay. He's so great and his acoustic stuff it amazing and ugh. I hadn't listening to this song much from his album until recently, but I love it so much.



You There - Aquilo
I've put this song in a blog before, but it deserves another shoutout. It was the song I used for my last theme and I've seriously been listening to it constantly and I just absolutely adore it so much. My love for slow songs is just so insane.



Betty Phage Goes to Bronxton - Novallo
Little known fact about me, I actually tend to listen to quite a bit of progressive metal/djent. It's my boyfriend's favourite genre of music so I kinda ended up listening to it by default because he's always playing it and it grew on me. I actually freaking love this song. It's so weird and cool and just great. It's a lot different from the other stuff in this blog but SURPRISE.

*****


So I did some shopping the last time I went to the city and ended up getting the Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow Palette from tarte and ugh I just love it so much. I tried out some of the more pinkish colors yesterday and it turned out pretty lovely and I used some more orangey/lighter brown colors today and I loved how it turned out. So I figured I'd blog about it.

This is what the palette looks like:
Image
Side note: I love the names of the colors, the colors are kinda hard to see here and also ignore my crappy photography skills.

I used force of nature on most of my lid, wanderer on the outer corners, and free spirit on my crease and the inner corners. I'm not the greatest with makeup but I enjoy experimenting.

This is what it turned out like:
Image
Ignore my mega awkward face oh god what am I even doing.

Image

I think the colors look really nice! I'm gonna be testing it out some more because I just have another week and a half of orientations/labs before clinical so if anything else turns out nicely I might blog about it.
September 3rd, 2015 at 07:35am