Guys, Girls, and Everyone in Between

I don't even know what I'm blogging about today. I was going to try to do another blog challenge, but I'm too tired to focus on anything specific. I noticed that there's a "blog about what you're stressed about" prompt, and I basically did that yesterday. So go me. Although I don't know if it actually counts cause I didn't know it was part of the challenge.

But anyway, I'm having a day from hell and nothing bad has really happened. I just woke up really, really exhausted. I was super tired all yesterday so I went to bed early last night and still woke up more tired than ever. I'm 'bout 90% sure it's because I'm a freaking girl and it's that time, so not only do I have to put up with cramps that make me feel like I'm being stabbed repeatedly, but I also feel like I'm about to fall asleep at all times.

And about 20 minutes ago I had to ask a stranger to check out my butt and make sure I was all good. Lets just say it was super awkward, but it was a necessary evil. I wasn't about to get up in front of the entire class with that situation going on.

The person I asked, I'm not sure if he's transgender or just prefers male pronouns, so I felt a little bit more awkward about mentioning something that feminine to him and making him tell me. I mean, I wouldn't have gone up to another guy and asked him, so it's basically the same thing. I bet he felt just as awkward as any other guy. (And if anything I just said offends anyone, let me just say that I don't know him, I don't know what he's comfortable talking about - especially with a stranger, and I'm not 100% on how to refer to him other than he/him/his, i.e - "as any other guy" - "guy" is colloquial and I don't know if he'd prefer "male" or "boy" instead, so I went with guy, meaning someone who identifies with he/him/his pronouns).

I also want to add that when it comes to gender, people are going to make mistakes on how to refer to people (especially people they don't know them and can't go ask), but as long as they try to correct their mistake the first time and are trying their hardest to be correct and respectful, I don't think we can really get mad at them. I don't know his name, or else I'd just refer to him by that, but since I have to use pronouns/other words, I'm trying my best to be correct (and please, correct me if I'm wrong on something, I want to refer to people as who they are).

But anyway, see what I mean, today just keeps adding up. I feel like crap, I'm about to fall asleep, and my brain is all over the place. I want to write, but can't. I have an extra class today (math recitation), and I'm supposed to have a calculator but the f-ing batteries died so I might be screwed on the quiz, I have to go to work until 9 and I really just want to go to sleep. And eat. I'm hungry.

I hate this.

I'm going straight to get something to eat between my classes.

And oh gosh, I was almost late (not really) today because I have no nice clothes and there's a really cute hockey player/engineering & genetics student in my theatre class who talked to me and sat by me last time, and so I was trying not to look like crap. Even though I wanted to leave by 10:30 and it was 10:13 when I started looking for clothes. I didn't even put on makeup guys. Not that it makes me look any less ugly.

But I wore these light colored fricken jeans and it was a terrible idea, because now I'm just going to be worried about this all day long. I'll probably change before work because who cares what I look like there.

So yeah, now that my story has come full circle, I'm going to try to pay attention for the last 6 minutes of geology. Then get food and go look ugly in front of the cute, smart guy. Kay bye, guys.
September 3rd, 2015 at 07:09pm