I Think I Got My Boss Fired

Not the one that I'm screwing (thank god christ that would be awful).

Let me start off with some background information. Before I started working at this restaurant, I had only had female managers. Well, there were males, but the top manager, like GM, was a woman. And let me tell you, that makes a fucking difference. For a few months, we had one, Mama Mo, and she watched out for all the girls and kept midol and tampons in the office and I didn't realize it at the time, but she kept a lot of the guys in check. It was only when she left that I saw they had been holding back while she was there cause once she was gone, they turned it up t eleven.

There was this one day I walked in and I remember being so taken aback when I walked over to J in the bar area. I could see our GM sitting in one of the booths by the window, like, in perfect view of us. He looked up and nodded to me to acknowledge my presence. And then, standing right there for everyone to see, J gave me this big hug, but it was like... suggestive somehow. I mean, his whole body was pressed up against mine, and I mean, I didn't mind, but the big guy was sitting RIGHT THERE, and he watched it happen and didn't say shit. And that's kind f worrisome. Cause what if I hadn't been okay with it?

Anyway, the host manager, we'll call him L, has been so far up my ass for so long now. I mean, he relies on me to do so much of his job, it's ridiculous, but he tells me he appreciates it and everything. He also tells me he wants us t make a baby and that we need to hook up and all this other shit. He's like 27, but he's married with a six-month-old daughter.

And, I mean, at first it was harmless. It wasn't until we had this huge conversation about music that it changed a little bit. I guess he thought we bonded and now he's convinced we're like besties and it's honestly so annoying. The other day I went to get my paycheck and he was ding lineup in the back (anyone who's not in the restaurant industry, it just means he was going over rules and giving the servers a pep talk and basically telling them to be better), and he saw me out of the corner of his eye and immediately went into this spiel about not bothering the hosts and don't yell at them 'cause we're doing the best we can and all this other shit, and I know, I KNOW that the only reason he was saying all of it was because I was standing right there.

He's just been steadily toeing the line, pushing it a little further. One night he walked me to my car and it made me so uneasy.

So one of the other hostesses finally complained about it, cause I'm not the only one he bothers, I'm just the one he bothers the most. It was actually J she talked to and when he was finished talking to her, he took me to one of the back booths and asked what was going on and what L was doing to make me uncomfortable, and I told him, this is nothing new. He's been doing stuff like this for basically ever. But I still told him, and the big instance actually happened last night. I was in the office with him talking about one of the new hostesses and everyone loving her and he was like, "I don't really think she's cute." I told him that he shouldn't considering she's seventeen, and he was like, "I can have opinions." And then he paused and looked up at me and smiled and straight up said, "I'd fuck you, though." And I was a little surprised. All I could really do was laugh it off.

So I said this to J and he was really surprised and really pissed. (I was actually a little too satisfied with the look on his face but that's aside the point)

He asked if we wanted him to talk to our GM about it and like, I didn't know what to say cause L irritates me and makes me a little uneasy, but he has a kid and like I don't want to put him out of a job. And I especially didn't want my name dropped. He said that only our boss would know names but L wouldn't know who it was and if he found out and confronted me about it, he'd get terminated on the spot.

Soooooo yeah. That's gonna be interesting to deal with. The guys that work there are just... out of control. BUT I heard that we were gonna get another female manager and I'm so stoked about it.

In other news, I got into my first major car accident the other night. I was out pretty late with my friend. We had been at a bar and yeah, we had had a few. I was super tipsy cause I'm a lightweight so she was actually driving my car. We were having a good time and were actually on our way to this girl's house. We had met her at the bar and she'd been flirting with my friend the entire time so yeah, she was gonna go get laid and I was gonna drink more.

Unfortunately, on the way there, we were going about 50 mph on a pretty main road here in Houston, and all of a sudden there was just this huge impact and I was staring down at my legs, surrounded by smoke and airbags. I didn't realize I had blacked out on impact, but Gabby shook me and helped me out of the car. She saw the look on my face that went from shocked to angry cause I didn't know what happened and my initial thought was, "There's no way we just got into an accident because she's drunk. There's no way."

So the first thing that she said was, "She fucking hit us!" So I stumbled out and my face was throbbing. We got hit on the front passenger side, right in the corner, so we didn't get t-boned, but came close and it was still a massive hit for me, hence the going unconscious for a second. Apparently we made a 360 and Gabby somehow controlled the car enough to be able to pull off the road afterward.

We bother agreed that we'd say I was driving, just to make things easier. I know, I know, don't lie to cops and all, but still. The first thing we did was get my drugs out of the car cause fuck that. But yeah, it was crazy. Gabby really took control. I was pretty dazed. I hit my head pretty hard. My lip was busted open, that's all I could really feel.

The girl was really shaken up, all crying and stuff. Both of the cars were pretty totaled. It was a good thing it was another compact. Any bigger and it honestly could have been fatal.

So yeah, my mom had to come deal with that at 4 in the morning. My last car accident, I was pretty composed. This time not so much. I was freaked.

Anyway, that was an ordeal. I had to get a rental, like, immediately 'cause I started school on Monday. There was no way I could go without a car. I'm getting a truck this time around. That crash made me realize just how tiny my car was.

But I'll miss it. She was a good first car.
September 3rd, 2015 at 11:18pm