Love Yo-Self

@ mods: I'll be sad if you fix the title but if you muuuuuust :(

So this is for the third prompt of the Dear Diary challenge.

3. What are some traits and characteristics that you admire about yourself? What are some things you’d like to improve about yourself?
So, I used to hate how I looked. Literally everything about me I disliked a lot. I think it had to do with some internalized racism as well as the Euro-centric beauty standard. I didn't even like my personality. It literally wasn't until I entered college (TWO YEARS AGO) that I actually learned to love parts of myself. I think it's I became a lot more woke and I understood my predicament (in terms of internalized racism, shadism, colorism, etc) a lot more, so I started to learn that I'm pretty great and shouldn't settle for things I don't deserve (boys, treatment, etc).

The traits and characteristics that I like about myself is probably that I'm now woke haha. I think I'm able to easily fix a problem in my life, because I've had so much practice lmao, or having a problem get in the way of my goals and then working around that to still be able to achieve my goals. I also like that I've now learned to love myself.

I still think I need to improve in a lot of places. I'm still problematic, I have a temper, and I throw a lot of shade to even my close friends, so I need to learn how to be grateful for them. I'm a work in progress.
September 4th, 2015 at 01:52am