Come Right out and Say It

“And I tried to guess what goes on in your head 'cause in your mind I just might find all those things you left unsaid.”

Rather than implying and hinting at what we mean, why don’t we just come right out and say it?
People all too often expect us to pick up on cues that tell us what they really want. Instead of saying “I am really upset,” sometimes people opt to be quieter or stand-offish. Sure, there are times when the other person will catch that you are unhappy, but other times it will go unnoticed.

Just say what you mean. Don’t beat around the bush or wait for someone else to decipher what is going on in your head. Not only will the person most likely appreciate you being forthright, but it also eliminates the chance of miscommunication and misunderstanding. Think about all the fights, disagreements, and awkward moments that can be avoided by simply saying exactly what we mean. Fewer feelings will be hurt and you may actually get what you want by verbalizing your desires. You may even be able to release some resentment that you are holding in.

Give it a try. Take a day and try to be as candid and sincere as possible. You will be surprised just how liberating it can feel. I, myself, am going through the process of being more upfront. Although, at times, it is difficult, I already notice that I feel far less stress. I no longer hold up my feelings and let them fester. When I let those feelings go, they lose all their power over me. I gained the freedom I didn't know I was craving.
September 4th, 2015 at 04:04pm