It's Time to Talk About Girls' Generation

And how freaking amazing their two new videos are. Like seriously. I've never been a huge fan of them of but I do enjoy listening to some of their songs and these two don't disappoint.

'Lion Heart'


This song is addictive. I didn't really care for Catch Me if You Can and Party. They just didn't grab me. I also have no shame saying I already ordered the album. I listened to the preview on iTunes and I like most of the songs. I'm a little excited for purchasing my first Girl's Generation album.

Lion Heart is so light and easy going. It has a nice beat and a cute and summer feel to it. I love that the outfits match the feel of the song and they're all bright and colorful. And they're all outfits that you would probably wear out and about. It's cute and stylish. The showgirl scenes are my favorite. It's so classy and sophisticated, and I love the 40s feel to the whole music video. It's fresh and super enjoyable to watch.

The video is super funny too. Sure, it's a classic 'boy dates the whole group' thing but it seems different to me than how it normally is. The fact that he gets caught and the girls all gang up on him, and start dating other guys (for example, the tiger) is a super funny ending.

The dance. OH MY FREAKING FLAPJACKS THE DANCE

I've noticed that girl groups are usually only given two options for concepts and dancing: it's either super cute or super sexy; there is no in-between. But the girls in this video genuinely look like they are having a good time, and I like the older style moves that go right with the song. It's a bit different from the usual "cute" dance moves.

I truly love this concept from Girl's Generation and it's now one of my favorite songs by them.

'You Think'


I love this song. It's upbeat, it's strong and it's sexy without even trying. These girls are just so naturally confident that I never really find their sexy concepts awkward or desperate. They own their sex appeal and that's awesome.

My favorite part of this video, since there isn't really a plot, is the dancing. I like that it has more hip-hop choreography instead of typical sexy close ups of them dancing provocatively. The dance is really a make it or break it for me and this dance is awesome. It's sexy, it has awesome dance moves, and it just feels so effortless. The song doesn't really top Run Devil Run as my favorite edgy song by Girls' Generation but it's definitely high up on the list.

So those are my thoughts. I hope you enjoyed these two songs as much as I did. If you didn't, then tell me why. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts. :)
September 5th, 2015 at 08:43pm