Blogging Challenge - Day 5

Prompt: Shameless Self-Promotion: What are some projects you’re working on right now?

A current project I'm working on right now is a story called 'What He Left Behind'. On this site, I've only posted the first chapter so far, but I've already written over 67,000 words. I'm really proud of this story, which I've been working on for over a year.

It's about a teenage girl called Noelle who lost her brother over a year ago and has just moved from Atlanta to Sacramento to start afresh. Her mother is depressed and her father is an alcoholic, and she hasn't been able to grieve her brother's death properly. Upon moving to Sacramento, she meets Charlie, an arrogant yet charming trouble-maker who's the singer in a small band hoping to make it big. Right from the start, there's a connection between the pair, but it's complicated. Charlie's not good with commitment and he's not good with emotions, not to mention the fact he's got a nasty self-destructive habit.

I don't want to go into too much detail because I don't want to give it all away, but I'm really happy with how this story is going. There are some really strong characters in this, and the story is quite interesting and has a couple of twists and turns.

Please give it a read and let me know what you think of it so far.
September 6th, 2015 at 09:41pm