Blogging Challenge - Day 6

Prompt: What’s stressing you out in your life right now?

What's stressing me out right now is the fear of the future. It's my first day of sixth form tomorrow, and I'm not even 100% sure I want to go. I'm just doing it because I have nothing else to do. And that sucks because I don't want to live my life like that. I'm not one for doing things half-arsed. It's all or nothing. I give it everything I have or I don't do it at all.

My long-term goal is to move to the USA. I'm not even going to get started on my reasons for loving the USA, but it's somewhere that's meant a lot to me since I was a kid. Ideally, I'd love to be an author, but unless you're of J K Rowling standard, it won't fund all the travelling I want to do. So I'd also like to work in event management. I'm currently doing a college course in event management, in addition to doing sixth form.

All these things are great and it's wonderful to have so many goals and ambitions, but I'm nervous. The fear that keeps me up at night is the fear of not achieving these things. I can't think of anything worse than dying and being remembered as the girl that had so many dreams that she never fulfilled.

And even though I'm studying a lot and doing my research and getting plenty of work experience, I'm still stressing out. Someone once said, 'When you know you're destined for greatness, your potential haunts you. It keeps you up at night. You won't feel complete until you succeed.'

Never in my life have I felt as understood as I did when I read that.
September 6th, 2015 at 09:53pm