Aliens?

Image

Okay, now that I got that out of my system...

So I've been trying to plan this story, Nebulous, which I want to be my NaNoWriMo story this year. At first I was gonna do something along the lines of the moon disappearing or the sky just being covered in never ending clouds, but then I didn't really know how I was going to bring the two main characters together that I wanted to bring together. I just knew that they weren't going to know each other, but they were going to remember each other somehow.

But then it hit me recently, that I should have this story revolve around aliens! I just don't want it to be corny aliens or something. I don't know. I don't usually write a lot sci-fi type stuff, but I really think this will be fun, plus it will allow me to do some of what I want to do with this story.

So basically, I'm looking for any suggestions for things revolving around aliens that I can check out that can give me ideas on how to handle aliens in a story in a non-cheesy way. So books, movies, tv (I'm thinking X-Files, maybe), whatever.

If there is anything involving aliens that you love, please let me know. It would be a great help!
September 7th, 2015 at 04:31am