Too Many Story Ideas | New Idea

I have a problem.

Like, don't get me wrong, I love everything I write. I don't write anything unless I have a sincere interest in what I'm writing.

However, I digress. I have a problem: I have way too many ideas for stories and not enough time or motivation to write any of them. It's as if they all play out as movies in my head, and then I just have to write them down and have them heard because they interest me so much. Honestly, I wish there was a machine I could hook my head up to, to transcribe my dreams and daydreams into novels. That, or I wish I could just give people the whole synopsis of the story and have them write it for me. Just so they can get out of my head!

On a related note, I have another story idea. It's a fantasy story about a world (well, Earth I suppose) that is made up of humans, angels, and demons. However, these races (angels/demons) aren't the typical definition: angels are more comparable to the White Mages and demons to the Black Mages of RPG video games, except that they also possess the characteristic wings. Centuries before the start of the novel, the three races all lived in a sort of segregated harmony: the world was divided based on race, but everyone had the ability to move throughout every region of the world if they desired. That is, until a new demon is appointed King, and mobilizes those of his race to take out the angels to become the sole supernatural power over the humans. But, of course, when word got back to the angels, they weren't about to allow that to happen. Commence Great War between the forces of evil and forces of good.

Skip ahead a couple centuries to the start of the story, and the world is basically in state of constant, masked panic. Most of the angels were wiped out during course of war, which had ended about 50 years prior with a victory for the demons. Angels who weren't killed hide among the human population, using their magic to mask their identity and temporarily remove their wings. The story follows a female angel living among humans, and her mission to one day insight a rebellion against the demons and restore her race to its prior greatness.

...This probably sounds really confusing haha. I actually got this idea from a story I'd worked on a long time ago called Elfin Cry, about the struggle between the Elfin and Humans. I actually almost turned that story into a Visual Novel game but... I didn't finish it... Lol.

Anyway:

Do you ever feel like you have too many ideas? How do you cope?
Do you think this story idea sounds interesting at all?

Have a wonderful day! :)
September 13th, 2015 at 06:05pm