Please, Sir, I Want Some More

*said in Oliver Twist's voice*

Lol I think this is the worst one. Ah well.

I wasn't going to post a blog today, since I posted two yesterday (A GIVEAWAY BLOG TOO, U SHOULD CHECK IT OUT BTW), but I realized that I'm actually not gonna have the time to post one tomorrow, so I'm taking a mini-break from studying.

14. What are some things you’d like to see more of in stories on Mibba?

DIVERSITY

Yeah, my pet peeves blog explains this a lot more, but yeah, this is number one in my book. We live in a world where a lot of different types of people exist, so it's only fitting to put more of those people in stories? Especially when stories take place in the US where, unless you live in an extremely small town in Texas or something (but even then, LGBT+ folk and fat people and whoever else exist there too so), you're going to see diversity pretty much everywhere.

ORIGINAL FICTION

Fae mentioned this in her blog too, and as someone who used to write fan fiction but is more of an original fiction writer now, I just think we need more of it. Every time I go on the story page to look for stories, it's like 80% fan fiction and that's great and all, but I'd like to see more originals around here. It's very under-appreciated. Like back when I ditched fan fiction and went into original fiction, I had like 0 subscribers and readers on my stories until I made a bunch of friends with other original fiction writers. It's like a small community you gotta get into in order to get your stories noticed.

AUTHORS WRITING FOR THEMSELVES, NOT FOR THEIR READERS

Back to the whole 'authors scrounging for comments and declaring 'no silent readers' in their authors notes', it's just common sense? I mean obviously getting feedback is nice and it can be a great motivator, but don't write just for the attention. Do it because you enjoy it, or else you're just wasting your time.

FEMINISM

I don't mean stories about feminism, I just mean characters being feminists and casually making feminist remarks in their dialogues, thus making me go "TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" out loud or something. I just think that's cute and I love woke people in general, so I'm super into that. I'd love to see more of that around here.

STORIES THAT DEAL WITH OR DISCUSS RACISM/CULTURAL APPROPRIATION

Since we're on the subject of being woke, I don't think I've ever seen a story that talks about racism or dealing with racism or something. It can be a story that revolves around it OR like if you have an Indian character, why not talk about how that character deals with his/her culture being appropriated or being called a terrorist because of their brown skin or something? I'm sure there's a lot out there but I think it would be really interesting to see more of that. Especially with everything going on right now and how important these topics are to everyone's lives.

COLLEGE STUDENTS/ADULTS

Okay, I get that a lot of people on here are still in high school or even just find comfort in writing stories about people in high school, but, like, am I the only person who finds college to be more exciting than high school? Like I've had so many fun and hilarious things happen to me and I've also grown a hell of a lot that it's worthy of being a character in a story. I guess as I'm getting older, I'm finding high schoolers to be like fetuses (even though I'm only 20.......), but I wanna see people my age or even older than me dealing with taxes and an evil boss or something I dunno.

Anyways, that's all I can think of! Now back to studying...
September 14th, 2015 at 12:17am