Dear Diary | You Rock

Blog Prompt: 4. Blog about a subject or topic that’s important to you.

Something I find really important is self-worth, and pretty much reminding everyone that your self-worth is not measured by how others view you, whether that be your parents, friends, or significant others. Especially significant others.

Your self-worth is determined by how you see yourself. No one can make you feel inferior without their consent, and don't ever let them. No one should make you feel like you're shit or you're less or you're not as good as someone or something else. You don't need to compare yourself to others to make yourself feel better because a) you're better than that and b) you rock and you being awesome is all you need to remember.

When I'm feeling shit about myself, here are a few things I like to do:
1) Tell myself I'm a bad bitch - I like to do this in the mirror, complete with a head swerve and a click of my fingers to really reiterate the fact that fuck yeah, I mean business. This honestly makes me feel better.
2) Make a list of the positive qualities I have and put it in a place where I can see it before I walk out the door for the day. Reinforcing how awesome I am tends to shove negative thoughts to the side.

When my mood has improved, I like to:
- Make a list of negative qualities about myself and find ways in which I can improve myself.
Improving yourself is so important and while I totally agree with loving yourself for who you are, there are surely some times where you feel like that if you weren't so say, lazy, then you could be doing more with your life. Finding solutions to your negative qualities and actively working on making yourself a better person makes you feel so, so much better about yourself.

EG A negative quality / something I don't like about myself is that I'm fat. I'm not saying fat to insult myself, I mean that I have extra weight on my body that looks unflattering in photos - not to mention I could be a lot healthier when it comes to looking after my body. Part of having weight on me contributes to my laziness, or rather my laziness contributes to my fat, but regardless, it's something I'd like to improve. So today I've started a three month workout that I am going to force myself to stick to because I want to be fit af, GODDAMNIT. Goodbye body issues, hello new desirable me that I've been wanting for years now.

TLDR: YOU DETERMINE YOUR OWN SELF WORTH
DON'T BE TOO HARD ON YOURSELF
IF YOU THINK THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT YOU THAT YOU'D LIKE TO CHANGE OR NEEDS IMPROVING, DO SO
CONTROL YOUR LIFE
BE AWESOME
YOU ROCK

/ motivational speech over.
September 14th, 2015 at 07:45am