Dear Diary- Day 13

Venting time! Get a few of your story pet peeves off your chest (please remember to remain respectful).

Entering a contest and it never being judged. I went through the trouble of writing and posting and linking and getting the deadline, but nothing comes of it. Very frustrating.

I'd like writers to finish their stories. I know it's easy to lose interest, but please finish and please finish before posting XXX amount of other stories. There's a reason I started reading your story. It's sad that it doesn't get completed. I know there can be extenuating circumstances/situations. I'm not speaking of anyone specifically. Just in general.

When I first joined Mibba, I started to read stories that interested me, then I waited…and waited. No one was updating and then I noticed in the comment section that some hadn't been updated in over a year. So now, I do not read a story that has not been finished. If it's not marked as complete, I move on and I know I'm missing out on some good stuff. However, I do have two unfinished stories I'm following because the guys update pretty regularly. One is called Rainbow Pride by KillerOreo and the other is Blood Lust by Don'tFearTheReaper.

I'd like to see people really take the time and check grammar and spelling. Hey, I make mistakes too, but I do reread a chapter I'm about to post several times over several days. Just take the time to make the reader feel you put some thought into what you've created. You should be proud of it and stand by it.
September 16th, 2015 at 05:50am