Dear Diary: Day 05 | What Fascinates Me?

What’s something you find fascinating or would like to learn more about?

This is pretty much the moment you and I realize how basic I am. I'm so basic that I can't even find anything to say about these blog topics. I've honestly just been pancaking around these past two days, trying to figure out which prompt to blog about, and I finally settled on this.

Aside from the well-known fact that I am a basic lump of poop, there is one thing that's always fascinated me: tattoos. My parents have several tattoos, and this interest in getting inked has been passed down to my brother and I. My brother's gotten some tattoos done, and I (finally!) got my first one done in July. I've already settled on what I want to get done for my next tattoo, and I'm in the planning stages of other tattoos.

I've pretty much wanted to get inked since I was about 14, so I've accumulated a bunch of ideas and have had the time to scrap or revise these ideas. I just love the concept of tattoos. I find it amazing that people can put a piece of art on their skin and have it stay with them for ages. These works of art on skin can tell you all kinds of stories, and I love trying to interpret those stories. The tattoos you find on people give you a sneak peak into their brains, and you get to learn things about people that you might not have normally learned, just from their tattoos. If you see a stranger on the street, and he or she has tattoos, you may just walk away knowing that stranger's interests or dreams because it's inked on his or her body.

When I'm not doing anything productive with my day, I just love searching for tattoo pictures online. I'm not even looking for inspiration; I'm looking because I just love seeing the work people have done. Even if I see a tattoo that I think was the product of a drunken night, I still love seeing it. I'm not even joking when I say that I've got a bunch of tattoo pictures saved on my iPad. Of course, some of the pictures I have are of concepts that I want to or plan on getting, but overall, I just adore seeing the ideas that other people have. I could (and probably have) sit for hours staring at tattoo pictures, and just seeing what other people have done makes me even more hyped for my next tattoo.

The moral of this blog is that I love tattoos. I will get more tattoos. I save tattoo pictures in my spare time.

What about you guys? What are your thoughts on tattoos? Would you like to get any (and if so, what would you like)?
September 16th, 2015 at 09:00am