Dear Diary: Day 06 | Song Obsessions

Blog about some songs you’ve been into lately.

So... this is basically where you discover that I am trash for certain things in music. You'll probably be able to smell my stench all the way from wherever you are by the end of this post. Feel free to spray me with various scents, but rest assured, you cannot mask my trash. I will try to contain myself, though.

PS, I misread the prompt as "Blog about some songs you're obsessed with", so... yeah, that's kinda how I tackled this prompt. I don't even know how I managed to misread that???

WESTERN

One Direction - Drag Me Down | You & I | Diana | No Control | Stockholm Syndrome

You guys probably don't know this (why would you?), but back in 2011, I was complete trash for 1D, but I wasn't your everyday kind of trash. I was closet trash, AKA trash that tries and fails to hide the fact that it's trash. I'm not even sure what happened, but sometime in late 2012 or early 2013, I lost interest, I guess? It wasn't until last year that I rediscovered them and realized that once you're trash, you're trash for life. I stumbled upon their song Stockholm Syndrome and got sucked back into the abyss, and that's the story of how I started off as 1D trash, thought I became clean, and then re-became 1D trash. These songs are their songs that I'm especially trashy for, and Drag Me Down became my jam after it dropped, and now I sit, waiting for the surprise album drop.

Image
Image

Demi Lovato - Nightingale | In Case | Lightweight

HOLY CRAP. FORGET LINKING THIS, I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE. IN CASE LITERALLY JUST CAME ON MY IPOD AS I WAS LINKING THE AUDIO. What witchcraft is this? It's fate, guys. Why doesn't she promote more songs like this? Witchcraft aside, I've been listening to Demi since her Camp Rock days, which is weird cause I don't even think I watched Camp Rock when it first came out. Those songs up there, though, flawless. Okay, maybe not flawless flawless, but still pretty darn amazing. I fell in love with Lightweight when she released her album, but I've just recently discovered the beauties that are Nightingale and In Case, like, so recent that my wallet is still feeling the pains of me purchasing those songs.

Image
Image

Framing Hanley - Lollipop | Hear Me Now | Built For Sin | Alone in This Bed (Capeside)

These are just some beautiful songs that I will never get over. It's been at least six years since I've heard these songs, but I still love all of these songs. Framing Hanley released some great stuff, but these will always be my favorites that I pretty much never fall out of love with. As what tends to happen with my puny brain, I totally didn't keep up to date with them (which I really only do to artists that I am complete and utter trash for), and I literally just found out that the band has decided to retire from the music scene. They also released a final EP, which I'm obviously gonna have to listen to (and probably purchase) because I loved everything they put out. Man, I'm bummed to hear that they aren't doing their thing anymore, but I definitely know their latest release would've ended up on this list, so I'm just gonna put them here.

PS, I included the original MV for Hear Me Now because I just cannot accept that remake they did.

Image
Image

The Pretty Reckless - Sweet Things | Waiting for a Friend | Heaven Knows

Oh, lord. I'm still not over these songs or this album, and it's been, what, a year? Their first release really impressed me, considering I didn't expect much outta Taylor Momsen, but their second album totally slayed me. I thought it was heaps and bounds better than their debut, which was great, and I'm still jamming to this album, so obviously, I'm still into it.

Image
Image

NON-WESTERN

B.A.P (including any solo or unit releases) - No-Title | AM 4:44 | Sexy Clap | I Remember | Coma | One Shot | Save Me | 1004 (Angel) | Coffee Shop | No Mercy | Badman

Okay, to be honest, I could probably put every single song ever created by B.A.P here. If we're talking trash, I am completely and totally utter trash for these boys. These boys are pretty much life, that's how trash I am for them. They could probably curb stomp me (not that they would, precious angels that they are), and I would still adore the poop outta them. I am not even lying when I say that I love every fricken song they've done, whether it's a ballad, jazzy song, or hardcore rock song. You name it, they've probably done it, and I've definitely loved it. I can't even properly express how much I love and appreciate these boys cause they've gotten me through tough times and have always been able to bring me happiness. These boys are what brighten up my day, and I am totally happy with being their trash.

Image
Image

Epik High - Born Hater

This song has been my jam since the second it came out. It's just so cool, and I feel so self-confident and awesome just listening to these dudes rap. I have nothing more to say than I listen to this song at least once a day. It's been at least a year since it came out, and I still listen to it every day.

Image
Image

Innovator - More Than a TV Star

I literally just discovered this song this past weekend. I'm a fan of Lee Hi, who features on this track, and I had never heard of Innovator before, but still song is just beautiful. I've had this song on repeat since I heard it on Saturday, and I just love the emotion behind the song. It's an intense song, but you wouldn't think that when the song first starts, then it builds up to this stronger song.

((sad cause I couldn't find any gifs))

Hyuna - Because I'm the Best/Roll Deep (because who cares if people don't know the title of my song? Why not advertise it under two completely different song titles?)

I honestly did not care for this song when I first heard it. I was like, "Hyuna, gurl, what are you doing? You can do so much better." Then, about two days later, I somehow found myself searching the video again and rewatching it. Next thing I know I can't stop listening to this song, and I still don't quite understand why?? Mentally, I know this is one of her weakest releases, but physically, my body can't stop dancing along to it. I don't even know, man, I just got hooked onto this song (and her other song Ice Ice), which sucks becAUSE IT'S STILL NOT AVAILABLE ON ITUNES THREE WEEKS AFTER RELEASE, LIKE, WHAT ARE YA'LL DOING?! DO YOU WANT ME TO BUY THE TRACK OR NOT? WHAT THE DOODLES IS GOING ON?

Image
Image

HONORABLE MENTIONS

All Time Low - I am basically trash for this whole band. I love their music and have loved them for years. Sadly, I haven't heard their latest album, Future Hearts, but I've loved all of their albums before this one.

The Maine - I am just as trashy for this band as I am for All Time Low. I've loved pretty much everything they've put out, and they all seem like genuinely great guys.
September 16th, 2015 at 10:45am