Dear Diary -Day 2

"What inspires me"

Nothing and everything.

Smells, sounds, memories, people, concepts, dreams, feelings, events...all of these things can inspire my next idea. Music, especially, is one of the biggest idea contributors. They tell a story of their own to which I expand on, rewrite, or anew.
I’m sure many people have had the experience of smelling something when suddenly they’re consumed by a kaleidoscope of memories. I have recounted a memory in writing, one that I happen upon once in a while…Painful memories have provided many inspirations.

Over my lifetime, I have met an array of people- good and bad- that have inspired a lot of my stories. Now, getting inspired by people to write my stories is a bit weird because most of my work is horror and tragedy. It’s not that most of the people I’ve met are bad or evil people, but even when I see innocence I can’t seem to help but jading it a little. I have a habit of bringing down calamity on them. My own thoughts even twist the happy feelings I sometimes get and events can always end on a bad note if you want them to.

Other times….I won’t be thinking of anything in particular or doing anything of importance when a poem or story idea pops in my head.
September 16th, 2015 at 09:05pm