Protecting My Babies at All Costs

I have come to the realization that if anyone tries to attack my band babies, you best believe that I will go full Mama Bear mode and protect them with my life.

But I also know when they say some things that ain’t right. Though usually the problematic stuff they’ve done happened years ago and they’ve grown since then and have apologized. However, it’s frustrating when people, mostly on Tumblr, go out of their way to make my faves seem so problematic. Can that STOP please? Like you don’t have to like them, but why do you need to dig up shit and make other people feel bad for liking them?

I know my faves aren’t perfect, but they’re learning and I love them. I’m so sick of how people feel the need to be all, “OH THEY’RE NOT WHAT YOU THINK THEY ARE THEY’RE SO PROBLEMATIC AND FUCKING GARBAGE SO WHY DO YOU LIKE THEM”

Listen here bruh. My babies are just trynna live and you keep pulling things out of your ass to make them seem like the demon spawn of satan. How about no go away, leave them alone. If you wanna keep attacking them, then you can meet me in the pit.

I’m the Hayliver Momma and I’m also a boss-ass bitch. I don’t fuckin play. STAY AWAY FROM MY BABIES I’LL FIGHT YOU.

Was originally gonna post a cute OTP blog, but I felt the need to rant here. The reason why I’m posting this blog is because of what’s going on with Halsey and Josh Dun of twenty one pilots. So as you all know, Halsey is my lovely beautiful mermaid and Josh is my adorable drummer bean. They’re apart of my faves.

Anyways, they’re really good friends and have been hanging out a lot. It’s to the point where it’s rumored that they’re dating. It hasn’t been confirmed yet, but a lot of people want them to. To be honest, I’d be happy if they dated. I know I ship her with Zack Merrick, but because I love Josh so much and care about both Halsey and Josh’s happiness, I’m all for them dating. But right now, we don’t know if they are. I repeat, we don’t know if they are.

Moving on, Halsey recently posted this photo:

Image

And it’s just so cute because look how much they enjoy being around each other. A lot of people are going crazy over this and loving it, but then there are the people that make me wanna just....fight.

One person I follow said how it’s so wrong that “Josh is trying to get with Halsey because he’s 7 (technically 6 since she’s almost 21) years older than her”. They’re basically saying that Josh will take advantage of her and somebody else said to them that Halsey can make her own decisions because she’s 20 and that person replied with “okay thanks anyway i didn’t ask you”. Like?? Is it bad that I got heated from this???

So I made my own post because I had a lot of things to say in response to this.

First of all, that person was right. Halsey is 20 (and very soon gonna be 21), meaning she’s an adult and she can make her own decisions of who she wants to be with. She’s also very smart and tough, so whatever happens, I’m sure she can handle it. She’s a grown woman doing her thing, so why are you trying to make her seem like a child who needs guidance?

Second, what is Josh even doing to “take advantage” of her? All they’ve done is perform on stage together, hang out at the VMAs, and tweet each other. And Halsey’s fine with this. She obviously really cares for Josh. Come on, she kissed him on the cheek and they joke with each other and seem comfortable around each other. It’s not like she doesn’t want to be friends with him or wants him to stay away. I’d also like to say that even though he broke up with Debby Ryan, she still speaks highly of him and even stated how he once helped her get out of an abusive relationship. Josh is an incredibly sweet person, so I don’t think he’d ever think of taking advantage of anyone.

Now the age gap? What bothers me about Tumblr is how they always make all relationships with an age difference seem like the worst thing ever. Yes, I understand that there are boys out there in their 20s manipulating teenage girls, but that’s not always the case. My friend and his girlfriend (who’s about 5 years younger) have been together for a while and he doesn’t take advantage of her. Another friend of mine is dating a guy about 6/7 years older than her, but he didn’t want to force her into a relationship. He asked her if she wanted to be with him and whether she said yes or no, he respected whatever decision she made.

Funny how that person who tried accusing Josh is also a Paramore fan because guess what? Hayley Williams and her fiancé, Chad Gilbert are 7 years apart. Same goes for Oliver Sykes and Hannah Snowdon. Those two are married now and both these couples are extremely happy together and lovely. My mom and dad are 5 years apart and are still together. They’ve been together for 20+ years. I could go on and on. What I’m trying to say is, relationships with an age gap are possible. They can be happy together and it isn’t always someone trying to take advantage of someone.

It just blows my mind that this person is okay with Hayley/Chad who are engaged, yet here we have Josh and Halsey just hanging out and they’re all OMG THIS IS SO WRONG. That’s really what they said. In response to that person saying Halsey’s 20, they went on to say, “Just because she’s 20 doesn’t make it any less wrong”.

WHAT IS WRONG ABOUT IT. TELL ME. EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT’S WRONG WITH THIS.

SHE’S AN ADULT. SHE DOESN’T NEED YOU TO HOLD HER HAND AND HELP HER CROSS THE STREET.

THEY’RE JUST HANGING OUT. HE’S NOT MANIPULATING HER. HE’S NOT FORCING HER TO BE WITH HIM. WE DON’T EVEN KNOW IF THEY’RE DATING, BUT IF THEY ARE THEN THAT’S GREAT. JOSH WOULD TREAT HER RIGHT. HE ALREADY REALLY CARES FOR HER AS A FRIEND SO I CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW GREAT HE’D BE AS HER BOYFRIEND.

I honestly think it’s because that person doesn’t like Josh. They said they like Josh, but I don’t know. It seems they still have some kind of problem with him, so they're making him look all problematic. See what I mean? And they also brought up another couple. I think it was Ryan Ross and his gf who’s 20 but like once again she’s an adult so. This whole thing just bothered me. Most of that person’s posts I don’t agree with but I unfortunately can’t unfollow them because we’re both apart of the same “net” which are groups on Tumblr and one of the rules of being in the group is that I have to follow all the members.

I’ll post my OTP blog later, but yeah that’s the end of my rant. Basically, the Hayliver Momma’s protecting her lil drummer bean boy because HE DOESN’T DESERVE THIS OKAY. Jersh deserves the stars and Taco Bell and I love him.

Deuces.
September 18th, 2015 at 12:05am