Dear Diary: Day 17 | Relating to Characters

I swear I'll get caught up on this today. I just got behind that one day and by the time I get a blog up it's too late to do any more and I don't want to take over the blog section. But anyways.

What character do you relate to the most and why?

Image

I've talked about this before, but I don't even care, I'm gonna talk about it again. A monthish ago I read Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell and I have never in my life related more to a character than I do to Cath. She's super nerdy, writes fanfiction (which I don't exclusively write but whatever), has a twin who is considered "the better one" or "the mature one", did everything with her twin up until she went to college and then felt weird and lost, is super socially awkward, had a parent that randomly up and left, like I feel like she's literally me. I know people are always like "THIS CHARACTER IS WHO I ASPIRE TO BE" but I feel like I'm already there.

It was the most bizarre thing ever reading that book because I knew exactly how Cath was feeling all the time and it was so freaking weird.

*****


Since this was a short challenge blog, I figured I'd write out my "Shit I Need to Get Done" list and hopefully be able to get some stuff done over the weekend.

- Fill out my Labour and Delivery Student Report form and send it to my prof
- Request some research articles from the library
- Fill out the rest of the scholarship papers
- Ask someone to write me a letter of recommendation for said scholarship
- Clean/do the dishes/maybe throw some laundry in
- Get an oil change
- Do some meal planning
- Finish the ficmix for Bambi
- Finish commenting on all the stuff from my contest
- Start commenting on some giveaway stuff
- Reply to PMs
- Fill out the rest of my character info for my co-write
- Try and finish my entry for the OTP Contest
- Try and start my story for A Gif From Me to You

God, that's a lot of stuff. Here's hoping I'm actually productive this weekend.
September 19th, 2015 at 12:47am