Dear Moderators,

The blog entry that I posted that you told me should be posted as a poem was not a poem. I know because I wrote it. The choppy format? That was pure raw emotion, not some type of poetry that I was trying to create. If the spaces hadn't been there would it have been an acceptable blog entry? I chose to post it as a blog because I was spilling out my guts in the least poetic way imaginable. Sobbing and shaking and not in the least trying to create a poem.
Words cannot express the fury that I felt seeing that a post that I had created, in the hopes of opening up discussion with people who had been in similar situations or experienced the same mistreatment, had been deleted because someone else decided that it was a poem. It was a meaningful post to me and no one else experienced it because someone else decided that it was a poem. I hope you can see why I'm distraught.
That being said, I understand that you have a job to do. And I'm sorry that this seems like I'm purely angry at you because I'm not. I'm upset that I can't come to this website and see it in the way that I did before. Because now I can't even decide if what I write is poetry, or just a blog where I am spilling my guts, my deepest darkest secrets. And then they're just wiped away because it's so horrible that other people think my rambling is a poem.
September 22nd, 2015 at 06:06am