I'll Go Ahead and Take the Plea Deal Now

Hey guys! This is my fill for the blog challenge prompt blog about some of your guilty pleasures. First off, I'd like to say that I'm not a big believer in guilty pleasures. I feel like, if you enjoy something, why feel guilty over it? Let your freak flag fly.

That being said, my list is fairly lengthy.

INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY

This is one of my biggest ones, and at first, I didn't really get the hype because my best friend would binge out on that channel so hardcore, but now, I'm obsessed. It's so terrible, and they basically will use the same case on twenty different shows, but it's like a train wreck: once I start watching, I can't bring myself to look away.

ADULT SWIM

Honestly, most of my favorite tv shows are in the Adult Swim block on Cartoon Network. I'm a huge fan of Squidbillies, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Your Pretty Face Is Going to Hell, Family Guy, all of that good stuff. I love that I don't have to actively keep up with all of those shows in order to watch them, and I love the fact that, aside from Family Guy, all those shows are only fifteen minutes long.

ONLINE OUTLET SALE STORES

Like Zulily and Hautelook. This is seriously a problem for me that I need to cut back on, and I've even considered canceling my accounts on both sites because I'm guilty of spending waaaay too money on them.

SPICY FOODS

I don't think this even really needs explaining, but I'm such a sucker for spicy foods. Habanero is bae, and food is completely bland and boring to me unless it has a little bit of a kick. My ex actually bought me a pack of these little sriracha to-go bottles, and I still use them all the time.

PEANUT BUTTER

I lied. Habanero isn't bae, peanut butter is. Yaaaah, yaaaah, yaaaah. When I was dieting, peanut butter was always like my cheat food, and a peanut butter and apple butter sandwich was how I'd reward myself if I didn't binge throughout the week. Like, okay, I'm kinda making it my life's mission to put peanut butter on that same level as whipped cream. It should be totally acceptable for me to want to slather hot dudes in peanut butter and then lick it all. I'm pretty sure that when I die, that will be my heaven.

ANYTHING THAT LISA LING DOES!

Seriously, you guys, Lisa Ling is like my hero in life. I would flat-out adore to do what she does and just spend time getting to know people and learning their stories. One of the things I find most fascinating about life is finding out about other people's backgrounds and learning about cultures, religions, and upbringings that differ from mine and what effect that has in who they become/the path their lives take. I think she only has two shows, her old show on OWN that was called Our America with Lisa Ling, and her current show on CNN called This Is Life with Lisa Ling, so if you're a fan of docuseries, you should definitely check them out.

And I feel like this wouldn't be a proper guilty pleasure blog without these gifs


ImageImage
September 23rd, 2015 at 12:16am