Dear Diary: Day 10 | The Writer's Choice I Didn't Earn

Writer’s choice. You’ve reached the halfway point, so you’ve earned it.

I've actually not earned this writer's choice fair-and-square since I actually haven't reached the halfway point, but oh well. What's life without a little rebellion, right? Well, this is me rebelling against the system. I AM GIRL, HEAR ME ROAR!

Lemme split this thing up into two sections. Since it's a "halfway point" thing, I'm gonna spend half this blog talking about one thing and half the blog talking about another. See? I can be clever too!

I've got a new project for my Education class, and I decided to focus on a resources issue. Specifically, I'm focusing on the lack of cooling resources (fans, air conditioners, etc.) in the classroom and its effects on student achievement and student success. It's something that I can actually relate to from my own experience before college (because, you know, college isn't free and can afford these resources). It's pretty crazy how a teacher had to drive herself to the ER to get treated for heat exhaustion and was bad enough that it could have easily become heat stroke, and students are showing similar symptoms due to the rising heat, and yet the DOE is still reluctant to do anything because of the estimated costs. Um, hello? You created a priority list of schools that needed these resources years ago, and you're still flaking out on it? People are having to go to the ER, and you're still gonna argue about it? People are donating these resources or willing to raise money for these things, and you're telling them no because of school limitations? Are you all crazy? I have to set up two interviews for a particular school that I'm going to be focusing on, which I'm kinda nervous about since I've never had to set up an interview before this. I have all my questions planned and everything already, though. I've become quite invested in this, as you can see.

On the other hand, I've got quite a bit of my focus on some fun things outside of school, one being my upcoming adventure at Epik High's concert and my tattoo gift to myself for graduation. First of all, securing those tickets for the Epik High concert was one of the most stressful ten minutes of my life. I almost nabbed me some front row tickets, but I flaked out because it was a bit expensive. I still managed to get good seats, though. I'm pretty excited because it'll be their first time having a concert here, and I've actually never had the chance to go to a concert before. Paramore and All Time Low have come here before, but my parents have always told me I couldn't go. Well look at me now! I'm gonna attend my first music concert next month! You can't stop me now, parents! I've also been planning the tattoo that I'm gonna gift myself in December once I graduate. I'm kinda stuck between two ideas. They would be on different parts of my body, and I want them both, but I just can't seem to decide which one to get done in December. One of the options would be placed under my right collarbone and curving up to my shoulder. The other option would be a set of both of my thighs. Both options follow the same theme, but I'm just not sure which one to bump out first. Why is decision making so hard, guys? Oh well, I'm sure I'll figure it out by then.

Anyways, the short and simple of the story is that I didn't earn this blog topic, but I like to be a little rebellious poop sometimes.

Thanks for reading!
September 26th, 2015 at 05:13am