Where Has Time Gone? | Updates & News

OMG. I am so sorry. I completely vanished. BUT I HAVE GOOD REASON I PROMISE. So, here goes --

I'm sure most of you know, by now, I'm in graduate school getting my masters in early childhood education. If you didn't know, you know now haha. I've been in grad school for a year now and I'm in the home stretch which means things are CRAZY. I am in four classes this semester (two block, 4 hour ones that are brutal), student teaching two full days a week at a prestigious school with a gifted academy (so - pressure galore), and work. I had even attempted to have a second job and made it a little over a week before I cracked under stress and exhaustion and had to quit.

Basically, I have been one giant, busy, sleepy stress ball of emotion which means I have had no time or focus for writing which SUCKS. The few moments of downtime I've been getting, I literally lay in bed and watch a movie or sports and let my brain melt. So things have been a bit tough but I quit that second job and I'm getting more into the swing of things and I hope that means I can give myself one night a week to write because I have not forgotten about my stories, Mibba, and (most importantly) my faithful readers. Hopefully you're still out there. I know I abandoned you for awhile and I'm sorry.

So, before things went insane, I had started some secret stories and I'm thinking that starting October I will start posting this backstock of chapters I've got in my bank so you can have something to read until Christmas Break when I can start working on the old and the new stories I've got going on. So here is a rundown from what you can expect starting October 1st:

1. Blood Alliance: So the lovely Noelle (AKA Carpe Diem !) just mentioned in her blog, here that we have been working on this sort of cowrite for months with planning and writing and we are going to start posting our two pieces of the same puzzle starting in October just in time for Halloween!
The premises is this - It's a vamp story. Noelle and I are following the same plot but from two perspectives, from two kingdoms, that will eventually merge together into one big story. Her part is more hockey AU than mine, which focuses the romance part more on the king of her story (who is portrayed by the GORGEOUS Luke Evans). But basically it's about vampires, wars, post-apocalyptic kingdoms, romance, blood ... all great things for the spook-tastic October!
Both of us have prequels planned, FYI.

2. Partly Cloudy: Tyler Seguin fans gather 'round! I've been working on this little story for awhile off and on and I don't have many backstocked chapters but I have some. I've been student teaching and around kids a lot and I thought to myself I'd really love a story with a kid in it. So, my main lady has a little (presh) little girl, a quirky yogi for a sister (who is married to a delightful FC Orlando Bloom can you say yum?), hilarious and odd parents who are divorced, and is about to meet a sexy, goofy, talented hockey player who turns her world upside down. And vice versa. Looking forward to working on this one more!

3. Anchors: Stay seated, Tyler lovers, I've got a duel fanfic for you. This story features adorable Segs but also his gorgeous (the future father of my children) captain, Jamie Benn. Two stories for the price of one. Two main ladies who are vastly different and two cute bff hockey dudes. What more could you ask for? Details? Well, you'll get them when I start posting, promise ;) .

4. My long-shot, Growth: If you are a fan of Teen Wolf, here is some good news for you. If you are not caught up to this past finale, do not read any further because there are spoilers!!!!! Okay, still with me if you are all caught up or if you want spoilers, that's cool too. So with the revelation of what Parrish is (are we sure?), and just the simple fact I love Parrish almost as much as I loved Isaac (I will never be over him leaving to go to stupid France), I had a little idea pop into my head. I don't want to give too many details because I haven't actually plotted out too much yet but I have a firm concept in my head and I hope to work on this more soon.

Okay now I still have some stories I'm working on - my two Stiles stories, Isaac (of course though I know it's been ages), my Patrick Kane triology, and I do still have my Stefan Salvatore story still up but it's on hiatus still. I love the idea I have for it so I'm not giving up on him, yet. I also still have a prep school original story I've looked at recently and fell in love with again so that is also on my radar.

Noelle (yes, same Noelle) and I were in talks for a 1D cowrite. I'm curious if anyone is still reading 1D stuff and if so, we will work on it some more. Please let me know! I love the idea we've got and would love to work on it if there's a demand for it.

I think that's all I've got for now. I may get antsy and start posting a little before October. We will see. I've never been one for patience with that sort of thing haha. I hope you all have a fabulous rest of your weekend! If you're in the Midwest like me, enjoy this fall weather today! I'm going to a Fall Fest in a bit with my mom and I'm super pumped about it then I'm making Halloween cookies all afternoon while I watch hockey and do homework. So I only get to enjoy a bit of my Saturday. Enjoy yours for me!

I can't wait to hear from you again. I've missed Mibba!
Thanks for reading!
xoxo, Erin
September 26th, 2015 at 05:10pm