Dear Diary, Entry #2: Inspiration

2. What inspires you?

Honestly, I can't think of anything that doesn't inspire me. Movies, television, books, pictures, pieces of art, music, my cat doing something stupid, video games, architecture, a certain moment.

Currently, I'm heavily inspired by Laura Makabrescu's photos (tbh I'm always inspired by her photos, they are the most beautiful images), Dying Light (heck, a lot of games that I own that have parkour I'm inspired by atm goddamn it I wish I was a ninja), Billy & Billie (which is freaking awesome and everyone should go watch), White Collar (also amazing plus Matt Bomer is a god), ghost books and films (specifically Rose Red, the Haunted Mansion (for the sets only, the rest is ick) and the Haunting), ghosts, the REAL Brothers Grimm stories (you know the dark and gory ones) and more creepy stuff.

I'm typically inspired by darker and more tragic themes. For that I have to blame my mother because when I was a kid, she read me Stephen King short stories and the creepy Brothers Grimm stories. The first movie I ever saw in theatres was Jurassic Park 2. I was four and I thought it was stupid (seriously I spent most of the movie saying the dinosaurs weren't scary and I wanted to go home because I was bored).

Okay now onto some questions!
1) What movie did you first see in theatres?
2) Favourite Brothers Grimm story?
3) Favourite spooky movie/book? (may or may not be asking for new material to watch/read :P )
September 27th, 2015 at 10:49am