First Step Is the Hardest!

So I haven't been on here in what feels like a lifetime. I don't know if anybody still gets on here, or if anybody will read this. Let alone even comment. But thats not the reason why I am posting, I just need some place to write things out vent....SOMETHING. If any body does read this I would appreciate a comments it'd be nice. But if you read this and don't comment i guess I am ok with that to. But any way back to the point at hand, recently turned 23 yay!!! Life has been up and down for the past 6-7 years, pretty much since my mom died R.I.H. I've been ok then not then ok and not again, but most recently not. I am a year away from getting my Bachelors in Early Childhood education. Making most of my family proud and so on. But I know right now I am going to let them all down, including my mom. I just found out that I am pregnant. Torn between feeling absolute happiness and complete dread. This happened on accident, it wasn't planned. My plan was to graduate next year then maybe have a baby. But as we all know plans don't always go as we want. My boyfriends family is excited and his happy beyond measure. While my family atleast the ones who know so far are in a state of shock and wort of all disappointment. I guess that is what I should of expected because, they had the same plans as me. School then family. But it didn't work that way I want to be excite because a child is a blessing, but at the same time im terrified not of the baby but of my family. You see my family is old school Haitian, meaning that for them everyhting must be done in a certain way. They are not with the new age bullshit. Which is undersatndable since they were not born here and are not of this genertation. So i guess what im really tring to say is, im scared of letting them all know. Im scared, of the disappointed looks, the mean comments, the endless lectures. And even though I know it wont happen, the thing i am most scared of is being rejected.
September 28th, 2015 at 06:04pm