I Shouldn't.

I shouldn't be doing it, but I am. For the past five days I've been typing out a Harry Potter fanfiction I wrote nine years ago and posting it onto fanfiction.net. Why am I doing this? Because I want to. I shouldn't be, though. I should be re-outlining my nano story. I keep telling myself I have all of next month to do the outline again. But really I'm just procrastinating. And typing out this fanfiction is another form of procrastination for me. I shouldn't bother with it. I should have left it in my closet. But the notebook I had written it in is falling apart. It no loner has a cover. The story itself is horrible and at times doesn't make sense. That's the reason I only put 'don't take this seriously' as the summary. Its gotten good traffic but not one review. I didn't expect that so it doesn't matter. I like to think that somewhere out in the world, at least one person is bothering to read the story and discover what's going to happen. I wish they wouldn't. The story really isn't worth it. But a part of me wanted to share it with the world. My sixteen year old self would have done it had she known about fanfiction.net. She would have anticipated good reviews of the story because she thought she was a talented writing when in reality she was anything but. I'm glad she never knew about fanfiction.net. She probably would have gotten bad reviews, and she can't handle criticism well. She would have gone off on those who left the reviews she didn't want to hear. But as I have gotten older, I believe that I could handle the criticisms that would be left on my stories. I could take them and learn from them. But like I said that old Harry Potter fanficiton isn't getting reviews. And I suppose I'm glad it isn't. But a part of me wishes there was at least on review on the story. I don't know. I don't know where I'm going with this entry. Night/whatever it is on your part of the world.
September 30th, 2015 at 08:46am