Day 1 of 31: 5 Ways to Win My Heart

Okay, first day, I’m super excited. I am going to list these from 5 to 1, number 1 being the most important. Also, I’m not just writing about how to win my heart romantically. I’m writing about how to win it for friendship or anything else. Here it goes.

5. “Anything that gets your blood racing is probably worth doing.”-Hunter S. Thompson

Be passionate about something. I love passionate people. I love people that can tell me strange facts, history, or speak passionately about anything. Tell me how much you love a band and how it chose its name. Tell me why the sky is blue. Tell me how chocolate is made. Spend an hour explaining why you love a certain book, video game, celebrity, or youtuber. As a documentary enthusiast, I am constantly researching and indulging in strange topics. I really don’t care what it is about! You can tell me the entire process of how a paperclip is made. Really, I will be super interested if you are passionate about it.

4. “Politeness is an inexpensive way of making friends.”-William Feather

Okay, so I was raised in the south. I was taught to respect my elders, say please and thank you, and always offer prayers or condolences. Politeness, to me, is absolutely necessary in this day and age. I am pretty observant of other people’s manners when I am getting to know them. Everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Some people are sensitive, and some people aren’t, but you should always stick to the golden rule; do to others as you would have them do to you. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, and if you don’t have something nice to say than shut the fuck up. I think you catch my drift.

3. “My family is my strength and my weakness.”-Aishwarya Rai Bachchan

My family is probably the most important thing to me in this world. Period. I was blessed to a wonderful family I probably don’t deserve. Anyone that has close ties with their families is cool with me, and family can mean by blood or by fate. I understand some people weren’t as lucky as me to have a blood family so great. Basically, I’m saying I like when people have close ties with other people. Trust with other people shows me that you are capable of friendship or of love.

2. “A dream is a wish your heart makes.”-Walt Disney

I guess this kind of goes back to being passionate. I want to know all of your goals, and dreams, and wishes. I want to know your plans for the future. I want to know your bucket list. As humans, we all want to accomplish things. People that have wild, crazy, impossible dreams are my kind of people. I’ve met a few people in my life that didn’t have any goals or dreams, and, personally, I think that is sad. Living your life without wanting something is sad. You only have one life, one mind, one body, and one soul. The least you could do is spend it working toward something.

1. “Whatever you are, be a good one.”- (Accredited to Abraham Lincoln, but some say it could have been William Makepeace Thackeray. I don’t effing know.)

Y’all, I couldn’t say this one loud enough. Be a hard working son of a bitch. Put your mind to something, and do it. If you want to be a writer, you better write your heart out. If you want to be a stripper, you better work that damn pole. If you want to be a doctor, bitch, study those books. There is nothing wrong with changing your path, and there is nothing wrong with wanting to be 100 things at once, but do it well. Put 110% into anything and everything you want to do. Life is too short to half ass it. Work hard and no one can ever call you a failure, even if you end up being bad at it.

Those are the five ways to win my heart. This was actually a lot harder to write than I thought it would be. I’m sure there are a thousand more I didn’t think of, but it basically boils down to being passionate and a decent human being.
October 1st, 2015 at 06:26am