The Time of Year Is Here: October!

Hi, lovelies~!
It's finally October, so you know what that means...

The leaves turn those wonderful shades of orange, red, and purple.
The smell of cinnamon, pumpkin, and other smells associated with autumn fill the air.

The air becomes crisp and breathable after a long summer (because it's hot as fuck during the summer here in Georgia; no, really, the air is made of hot soup it's so humid), and we can finally dawn on those band hoodies and comfy sweaters that we've been waiting six months to put back on.

But most importantly, THE HALLOWEEN SEASON HAS COMMENCED!

Now, I have no idea where my excitement for the holiday came from (since I wasn't allowed to fully engage in it's activities until I was in high school), but it's there!

But seriously:

- You get to publicly dress in costumes that you normally would be judged for wearing on a regular day (I mean, you can do you and wear a full-body glow-in-the-dark skeleton costume and give no fucks whatsoever, but that doesn't really stop people from being dicks)

- THE DECORATIONS - Who doesn't want a cute pumpkin sitting outside their front porch or to have fun making fake spider webs and hanging little skeletons in the windows? And have you seen those haunted house competition things??? It's a huge chance to get CREATIVE AS FUCK.

- THE FOOD - once again, THIS IS THE CHANCE TO GET CREATIVE; I made red velvet skull cakes filled with cream cheese icing through the top of the head for some friends last year and they loved it; holidays come with parties, and parties come with FREE FOOD (who doesn't want free food?)

- MOVIE MARATHONS - whether you're into the cute Halloween movies you've watched as a kid (Scary Godmother tho) or the hardcore, gory horror flicks, it's time to fire up those VCRs/DVD players/Netflix and get to watchin' with some friends, family, or a bag of assorted candies you bought for yourself (go on and treat yo'self)

I may have made my point...hehe

But anywho, what's your favorite thing(s) about October/Autumn/Halloween, lovelies?

- Sasha <3

(Also, this is literally my first blog...this is how people blog, right?)
October 3rd, 2015 at 10:10pm