Keeping up With Carissa

As part of my Dear Diary giveaway, this is a blog interview of my dear friend, Carissa aka starfire.! If you don't know her, now is your chance because she's pretty cool and is one the most talented writers on here sooooooooo you should be doin' that.

First things first, how are you?
Eating brownies and watching The Maze Runner so fat and happy. Lmfao.

Where are you from?
Originally from Idaho, the Tater State. Now I live in NorCal. liked Idaho a lot better.

How long have you been on Mibba? What brought you here?
It'll be eight years in January! I feel old.

What are your favorite genres to read or write about?
Sci-fi/fantasy/dystopian. With a little romance thrown in for good measure.

What do you like to do outside of Mibba?
Read, Netflix binge, indulge my Disneyland obsession.

Where do you see yourself in five years?
If all goes according to plan I'll be in Utah and getting my pilot training.

Favorite thing about your culture?
Americans are loud and proud lol.

Favorite thing about another culture?
I think it's really cool that Israel developed one of the most lethal forms of self-defense in the world. <.<

If the world was about to end, what would you do in your final moments?
It probably sounds cliche but if the world was gonna end in a few minutes and I knew I'd probably just grab my pets and other loved ones and just huddle till the end came.

What does your perfect day look like?
Going for a horse drawn sleigh ride and then curling up in front of the fireplace with a book and hot cocoa and watching the snow fall. <3

If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
Oooh that's such a hard question! Maybe like 65+ million years ago so I could see an actual dinosaur lmao. Or maybe 1969 so I could be there when Neil Armstrong landed on the moon.

What makes you happy?
Kittens, book shopping, going on adventures.

If you could have coffee or tea or whatever you like to do with anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would it be?
Albert Einstein!

Fuck, marry, kill (or as I sometimes like to call it–bed, wed, behead) any of your own story characters.
I'd probably fuck Riker, marry Ben, and kill Wolf.

What is your most prized possession?
Probably this chocolate tin with Elvis on it where I keep all my little treasures like tickets and letters. Also the cameo music boxes my dad gets me for Christmas.

If you could change anything about the world, what would it be?
Make everything cheap as dirt so this broke bitch could travel more like she wants to.

Which of your own characters do you relate to and why?
I'd say I probably relate most to Candace, even though she's the MC of a story I haven't posted for yet. She's kind of a loner who keeps seeing people making the absolute worst decisions possible and going "wtf" and I feel like that's me 98.5% of the time haha.

Who is your favorite non-Mibbian author(s)?
JRR Tolkein and Laini Taylor tie for first place, but Suzanne Collins and Stephen King follow close behind.

What are your favorite works by some of our fellow Mibbians?
Little Bird by bellamy blake, Bambi by pallid, AG8210V by dawn of light., and Voyager by decay (YOU :D) (AYYYYYYYYYYY!)

And lastly, what are some things you're working on that you'd like everyone to check out?
Spaceman, which is about an astronaut whose space ship gets knocked into a black hole and he finds himself on an unknown planet and the inhabitants think he's their Chosen One. And Atlantis Rising which is about a research team who goes to explore Atlantis. :)
October 4th, 2015 at 07:05pm