Your Homegirl, Rav


RAV IS EVERYTHING. I've known Raveena for a while now and she's the sweetest person ever. She's also one of the best people I've grown to known here on Mibs. If you haven't gotten a chance to chat or hit her up, go for it. She's a joy! Also, hit up her layout and sci-fi story contest thread!

MIBBA RELATED:

Let’s start off with your name, your zodiac sign and your username! How did you come up with your username?
I'm Raveena, I'm a Taurus, and my username is decay. I think I was just looking up words on Google and testing them to see if they were taken on Mibba, and decay was not so here I am!

How long have you been lurking around the grounds of Mibba? Are you more of a reader, writer or both?
I've been here since 2010 omg. And I used to be both a reader and a writer but now I'm mainly a writer who's strugglin'.

Sam's comment: same with the struggles

Name drop some of your favorite stories and authors!
Love for the Romantically Disabled by rains.in.spain (this story fucked me up forreal)
How Willow Died by the dalliance.
Love Hurts by starfire.
Tallulah by holland roden;
Four Petals by alexandra. was also an enormous fave of mine but it doesn't exist on this site anymore, but just know that that story also fucked me up

This is also nowhere near a whole list of favorites, but this is all I can think of at this very moment.

What is your writing process? Do you need to do something specific in order to write?
Um I usually just come up with random ideas from either something I watched or like a picture maybe, and then I'll write out a fairly vague plot before I try to outline. I usually write a few chapters first before I do that though. And I don't! I just need inspiration is all.

What do you prefer to read/write? Fan Fiction or Original Fiction?
Original fiction! But in terms of fan fiction, I'm always down to read (and maybe write) some The Maine or Harry Potter stories.

What do you normally do on Mibba? (chat with people, update stories, enter contests/ignore contests, are you active/online or not, #areyouasilentreader, #nobutreally) i’m a slow updater who enters too many contests
I think I usually creep people in the blogs more than anything lmfao. I barely update stories, which is so bad, but I do try.

Tell me more, tell me more (about your own stories, what you’re currently working on and future pieces). GIRL, NAME DROP THAT GOLD.
Most of my stories have actually kind of taken a backseat to my life. They're updated whenever I'm inspired, but it's kinda rare. So sad, I know. But I guess the two that are in the front seat are The Davis Redemption and Voyager. They're romance/drama and sci fi, respectively, and I've been putting a lot of effort into planning them out. I got a couple (solo) stories for the future but I'm probably not gonna start them until life has calmed the fuck down. Which is probably gonna be never.

What do you hope to get out of your experience with Mibba? (become known or)
Mibba is like an outlet where I can do everything I don't have time to do in real life. Like I can't pursue being a writer when I'm in school trying to become a supply chain manager. Tbh I have no plans to be a writer professionally, but I like having this as a hobby to keep me from going insane.

RANDOM:

Do you have any TV show recommendations?
Sense8, Empire, The Office (old I know but so good), Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Who is your OTP?
Uhhhhhh I can't just choose one!!!

Sam's comment: saAAAaame

What was your last meal? All time favorite meal?
I had soup lmao. I can't think of a favorite meal except for anything that involves thin-cut french fries...I'm salivating at the thought.

Are you in college? What are you majoring in/plan on majoring in? DO YOU ENJOY IT?
I ammmmm in college. I'm studying supply chain management and I do enjoy it so far! It's interesting and sounds kinda fun to do if you get into the right businesses.

Do you have any secrets you want to spill to the people of Mibba?
Mibba is actually my biggest kept secret. I've never told anyone about it in the 5 years I've been here and I don't plan to tell anyone. It's like a whole other life that I don't feel like explaining to people lmao.

Sam's comment: Mibba is my secret too! No one knows about my life on here!!!! Living that double life, yo.

What is your go-to outfit/article of clothing?
LEGGINGS. Leggings all the fuckin' way. It's like 110 degrees here (despite being "fall") and I just like not having my legs suffocate.

Favorite apps? What is your most used app?
Snapchat. I'm always on it.

Grab your phone and go to your album. Scroll to the 285th picture (if you have that many. if you don’t, scroll to the 58th picture on your album) and describe the picture.
Omg it's a picture of me at Zion National Park that my dad took. It was in March and we stopped like half-way through (we were actually going through it to go to Bryce Canyon National Park) because there was some snow and being from southern Arizona, I don't see snow often so we took a bunch of pictures. It's just me standing in the snow and smiling at the camera.

Wow, thanks for letting me interview you, Rav! :-)
October 5th, 2015 at 12:18am