Day 3 of 31: My Perfect Date (I'm Late)

I’ve been on very few dates in my life. I either didn’t like my options, so I said no when I was asked out, or I cancelled when I did say yes. Dating, to me, is exhausting. I hate everything about it. Why can’t I just automatically know who I’m supposed to end up with and be done with it? The majority of the dates I did end up going on were complete disasters. This should be interesting.

My idea of a perfect date would be somewhere secluded and quiet. My social anxiety is crippling, and going somewhere that is crowded, with someone I don’t know well, and with lots of questions to answer is pretty much my own personal hell. It would have to be at a library, or a bookstore. Maybe even at a park later in the day, or even if it is at one of our houses, I would be cool with that.
Another thing to make the date perfect would be limited food. Eating food is cool. I LOVE food, but when my nerves are high, I drink a lot of caffeine and smoke a lot of cigarettes, which makes my anxiety even worse. The mixture of anxiety with loads of caffeine and nicotine make me nauseous, or it completely ruins my appetite. I would be cool with snacks, or coffee, or even popcorn in a movie theater, but a full dinner is too much for me to try and take on.
As far as activities on a date, I’m not too picky. I do hate when guys try to plan too many things in a night. Can’t we just talk most of the night? Isn’t that the point? I’m supposed to be deciding if I like you or not, and that’s kind of hard to do when you have planned a dinner, a movie, and then drinks at some bar with live music. Not that I don’t going to dinner, a movie, and a bar, but definitely not for the first date.
So, I guess the rundown of my perfect date would be going to Barnes & Nobel so we can look at books. You offering to pay for the book I’m interested in. Afterward, you would take me by a Starbucks and get me a venti café latte, and then you would take us to a park where we could sit and talk and laugh.
I’m such a loser.
October 5th, 2015 at 12:19am