Game of Thrones

Okay, can I just say one thing?

I LOVE Game of Thrones.

I've seen the first two seasons and I'm toward the end of the third, but my boyfriend and I have been watching it together and I LOVE it. It's such a good show. I literally cannot stress how excited I am to finally get to reading the books.

Let's start off with the characters. I am so horrible at getting to know character names in TV shows, so it doesn't help that GOT has a cast of like 30 people, but I think I have my favorites down. Definitely, I LOVE Daenerys! She's probably top two for me. She's so pretty and elegant, but also like a complete tactical badass and she knows how to get what she wants. Not to mention how devoted she is. "Fire cannot kill a dragon."

I love Margaery Tyrell, too. She's so pretty and smart. I can't wait to see what else she can do, I mean, she's made herself queen not once, but twice, and I hear she does it a third time? I can't wait. I hope she doesn't die. I love her grandmother too, she's pretty funny--kinda like Tyrion.

I really like Renly Baratheon, too, and his lover Loras Tyrell. I love how they're both pretty manly men and yet, they both are gay. It makes me so happy to see a good representation of homosexuality. (Also, my favorite quote from Margaery: "You want me to get Loras? Or, I could turn around and you could pretend I'm him?")

I'm excited to see how skilled Arya gets. She has potential, and I'd really like to see her become a skilled swordswoman/ranger type person, but I don't think she'll age enough as the show goes on to do that anytime soon sadly.

I really like Tyrion and his girl, Shae. I always make jokes about how small Tyrion is to my boyfriend, but we both love him, he's probably one of the best characters in the whole show. Smart and funny! I was so pissed when he almost died. I was at my computer yelling, "NO! THE LITTLE LION CANNOT DIE!" but now I'm kinda pissed he's marrying the Stark girl (I forget her name, she's pretty stoic in the show. Definitely one of the weaker characters).

I think I like John Snow and his girl (I cannot spell her name for the life of me), but not too much. I don't find their situation all that interesting--like wow, they want to fuck each other, they're in love after first seeing each other, yada yada yada. Boring.

I HATE how they're doing Bran's story, with his visions and all; maybe I didn't pay too much attention earlier on on the show, but if I remember correctly it wasn't that big of a deal until Bran dreamed about Winterfell flooding or whatever, and even then it wasn't too big. There wasn't enough build-up, it just kinda happened and became important, and I feel like the book should have a much better flow than the show. I'll just have to read it and see.

Anyways, I'm just gonna take a moment to talk about how amazing Denaerys is. She's so awesome, I mean, she has dragons and 8,000 completely devoted warriors. I want her to win the Game of Thrones, if anyone has to. She would be an amazing queen, and I 100% believe she could do it (Though my boyfriend made me paranoid that she gets killed off. If she does, I riot).

If Denaerys can't be queen due to some horrific fate befalling her, then I would want Magaery to be queen, with no king by her side (unless, of course, the Lord of Light brings Renly back in some miracle). She would do such a good job, and it would be a refreshing change to see a queen reigning alone contrary to a king, like Joffrey (I hate that bastard so much. He needs to die, which I know he does).

I think that's all I have to say. I just really love the show and I can't wait to watch more.
October 5th, 2015 at 02:58am