Day 4 of 31: My Best Friends

I want to start out by saying that I am very lucky to have the friends I have. The only thing I like about being in my twenties is knowing that the friends I have now will probably stick around for the rest of my life. Also, three of my best friends happen to be family members, so I’m lucky there too. They are required to love me. So, let’s begin.
Beth (My Sister-Right), and Jillian (My Older Cousin-Left)
Image
Beth and I haven’t always been close. We were best friends until she turned eleven, and then that’s when our problems started. I am three years younger than her, and all I wanted was to be a part of her life. I wanted to be cool and beautiful like her, but because she was a teenager, I just got on her nerves. We fought endlessly until she moved out with her now husband. I was 19 then. I would say that’s when we became close again. Even if we did fight, I could always count on her to kick my ass when I needed it. I did a lot of stupid things growing up, and she was always there no matter what. Now that we are adults, I only see our relationship getting stronger. We are both in good places in our lives. That’s the one thing about having a sister. You have an unbreakable bond with someone else no matter what. I love her so much. Jillian and I have always been close. We have the same sense of humour and sense of style. She’s the one person I call when I’m losing myself. She’s the best at giving advice, and is always there to lend a logical ear. I consider her a second sister.
Lori (My younger cousin)
Image
I don’t have a younger sister biologically, but I would consider her the closest thing I have. She’s about 4 years younger than me, but she is so mature for her age its unreal. When I was ages 16-18 and she was 12-14, I would always be her “cool older sister”. I would take her and her friends to the movies, and buy them food. I would pick them up after football games, and take them to IHOP. I would keep her out late, and take the blame for it. I also took her as my date to my senior prom. She’s the best to be around, and always keeps me laughing. It’s been a privilege to watch her grow into a beautiful young woman. We don’t see each other as much as we use to, but I know I can always count on her.
Amie
Image
Amie is my most recent best friend, but definitely one of the bestest best friends I’ve ever had. We started working together in 2011 when I got my job at a clothing store. We realized that we were from the same area and became friends through mutually understanding of the area. Even though we weren’t close, we moved out together in 2012 when I got a promotion, mostly because we were both tired of living with our parents. It was a match made in roommate heaven. We are very similar people. We lived together for 3 years and it was some of the best years of my life, and we became very close in that time! I love this girl so much and I know that we will be friends for a long time.
October 5th, 2015 at 04:38am