Sandpaper

These last few weeks have been wearing on me like sandpaper. I'm pretty sure the last seven days have aged me about seven years and I don't know when I'll be able to get some decent sleep again. I'm a post-bacc student in a pre-medical program, and I'm working 30+ hours a week teaching math. All of my free time is spent on homework and there just aren't enough hours in a week for me to finish everything I need for school and work and to get some sleep. I'm dating a senior undergraduate engineering student, so he gets it. If anything he's got things a little worse than I do.
It took all of my energy to get out of bed this morning. Most days the temptation of a cup of coffee and a nice hot shower are enough, but today they had little appeal. I've known things were getting to this point again, but I thought if I tried hard enough I could fight it off. I just have no one to lean on.
My boyfriend is just as busy as I am, and its becoming increasingly common for us to go upwards of sixteen hours at a time without speaking. I need to talk to someone and he just doesn't have the time.
So here I am drowning in school work, with no hope of sleep for the next few nights, working seven days a week, with no one to listen and no one to hold me and tell me it'll get better.
October 7th, 2015 at 08:30pm