Story of Carissa’s Life


I’ve known Carissa from her stories appearing in my feed and I lowkey adored them. Being the shy person I am, I didn’t chat her up until now woohoo! Seriously, Carissa is such a joy to talk to and the sweetest person ever. Also, check out her candy bowl if you haven’t yet!

MIBBA RELATED:

Let’s start off with your name, your zodiac sign and your username! How did you come up with your username?
Name: Carissa
Zodiac sign: Sagittarius :) fire signs ftw.
Username: starfire. It actually came from a book series I read as a kid called Avalon: Web of Magic. One of the girls accidentally ended up in a fairy realm and she met a magic horse made of flames who was named Star Fire and I just thought it sounded really pretty hahah.

How long have you been lurking around the grounds of Mibba? Are you more of a reader, writer or both?
I joined January of '09 so almost 8 years now. I read a little bit, but I'm definitely more of a writer.

Name drop some of your favorite stories and authors!
Oh gosh, I love Voyager by decay, Bambi by pallid., Little Bird by bellamy blake, and AG8210V by dawn of light. (Aka youuu :D)

Sam’s comment: ayyyyee extra brownie points for you! that’s so sweet ahhhhh thank you <33

What is your writing process? Do you need to do something specific in order to write?
You know, I actually don't seem to have a specific process. I usually write while sitting on the couch with the tv creating background noise, but I also wrote in my car during my lunch breaks haha. I guess background noise; tv, music, the air conditioner; is the only thing I really need. If it's too quiet I can't focus.

What do you prefer to read/write? Fan Fiction or Original Fiction?
Original all the way. I've read a few amazing fan fiction stories but I don't write them at all and I don't seek them out. Too many spoilers lmfao.

What do you normally do on Mibba? (chat with people, update stories, enter contests/ignore contests, are you active/online or not, #areyouasilentreader, #nobutreally) i’m a slow updater who enters too many contests
I try (keyword try) to update pretty regularly, and I tend to enter too many contests. And I admit sadly, I do tend to be a silent reader. :( I've been trying to be more active on here and post more blogs and talk to more people.

Sam’s comment: Recently I’ve been entering a bunch of contest lmao

Tell me more, tell me more (about your own stories, what you’re currently working on and future pieces). GIRL, NAME DROP THAT GOLD.
Lord, I'm starting way too many stories right now. Here are my main ones that are in the works/coming soon. Atlantis Rising; a sci-fi story centered on a research team that goes to explore what appears to be the ruins of Atlantis. Hardwired which is an entry for Raveena's science fiction contest. It's about a girl who ends up with half a cyborg brain after a near-fatal accident. Song of the Siren is a darker re-telling of The Little Mermaid. And Wolfish is sort of a comedy/adventure/romance/fantasy thing about five nerdy friends who were bitten by a werewolf in high school and now have to try and survive college life while hiding their werewolf-ness.

Sam’s comment: I’m really excited to read your entry (and anyone else’s who entered) to Rav’s contest! AND YOUR LAYOUTS ARE BEAUTIFUL ::tehe:

What do you hope to get out of your experience with Mibba? (become known or)
I really wanna keep meeting and talking to awesome people and share my creative ramblings and hope people like my crazy off the wall ideas. ::tehe:

RANDOM:

Do you have any TV show recommendations?
Falling Skies, Sense8, Peaky Blinders, Black Sails, Penny Dreadful, Scream Queens. I'm only a little bit of a tv junkie.

Who is your OTP?
Ohh man. I'm definitely a major Ron/Hermione fan. I also have heart eyes for Katniss/Peeta from The Hunger Games.

Sam’s comment: PEEEEETA, let me love you ::crazy:

What was your last meal? All time favorite meal?
I had a chicken burrito for lunch. My favorite meal is either homemade chile Colorado or steak and a baked potato. Yum.

Are you in college? What are you majoring in/plan on majoring in? DO YOU ENJOY IT?
Technically yes but I take classes kind of off and on because I'm always changing my major. But I've decided to go to Utah State and pursue a degree in aviation technology to become a pilot. And hopefully I'll enjoy it, since I'm not really the biggest fan of school haha.

Do you have any secrets you want to spill to the people of Mibba?
I am a vampire. Shhhh.

Sam’s comment: WHY WOULD YOU TELL PEOPLE ABOUT YOUR SECRET IDENTITY, CARISSA??

What is your go-to outfit/article of clothing?
Yoga pants and leggings! I live in them.

Favorite apps? What is your most used app?
Pinterest, Goodreads, Netflix and Amazon. My favorites and my most used haha. Especially Netflix and Pinterest.

Sam’s comment: I’m a Pinterest junkie. DIYs are my life.

Grab your phone and go to your album. Scroll to the 285th picture (if you have that many. if you don’t, scroll to the 58th picture on your album) and describe the picture.
It's a group selfie of my bff, my boyfriend and myself while we were walking around the Vegas strip. :)

(-: Thanks for letting me get into your brain, Carissa!
October 8th, 2015 at 04:42am