Social Media!

Okay I'm on the site meetme.com. I've been on that site since it was myyearbook.com. I've seriously been on and off that site for over five years! FIVE FREAKING YEARS! And never had any of my family members find me. Never had the need to tell any of my friends or family that I'm on the site. It started out like any site, a site for friends.

Now apparently it's more of a dating site and one of my mom's co-workers found me on it. He felt that he should inform my mother that I'm on a dating website. So of course she confronts me about it. It's not special. Half the guys on there aren't the nicest and I've been debating on deleting my profile for years. Now I have more of a reason. I don't want my mom's coworkers spying on me and reporting everything I do to my mother. Okay my mom honestly doesn't care what I do but I have a feeling every time I make a post that they're going to tell my mom what it is. They are THOSE kind of people.

I'm on various sites on the internet. What's next? He's going to find my tumblr and tell my mom about all the fandom shit I post. Or worse, he'll find this site? And tell my mom about all the fanfiction I write? Seriously he had no right to tell my mom about a profile I've had for YEARS! If I thought she should know, I would have told her. I even told her that I've been talking about deleting it. It's just, the internet is my escape from everything. What I do online shouldn't be a concern for anyone.

I seriously hate feeling like I'm being cornered.
October 9th, 2015 at 06:07pm