Welcome to Halloweentown!

AKA the blog where I tell you about the two things that matter during October. Really, when I think of Halloween, only two things come to mind: cheap candy and Halloween movie marathons.

1. Cheap candy

Image

The best kind of candy is kind that's on sale. You know which ones I'm talking about: those hard to resist deals that you weren't even looking for, the sales that pretty much force you to buy candy cause, come on, it's ON SALE, or even the ones where, YES SCORE!, you can finally snag those bags of candy you've been eyeballing because they're finally on sale.

This pretty much happens every years. My mom and I go to the store to buy some food, my mom spots the candy sale, and somehow we end up walking out with way more candy than actual food. I can't complain, though. How can I expect my mom to just walk away from a two for $6 deal? I can't. Besides, at least she let's me pick a bag for myself.

We practically live for candy when Halloween season rolls around, I'm not gonna lie. Momma raised me right.

2. Halloween movie marathons

Image

Halloween = month-long movie marathons. Let's be real here. If Halloween's not about the candy, it's about the movies. I don't know about you, but there's just something about watching Halloween movies during Halloween that make them seem even better than they are. I mean, can you imagine watching the Halloween or Friday the 13th series during Christmas or Thanksgiving? It wouldn't be as fun since the whole atmosphere isn't all Halloweeny. They also seem less cheesy during the Halloween season too.

Halloween movie marathons aren't all about the scary movies, though. Movies like Halloweentown, Casper the Friendly Ghost, and Hocus Pocus are great for this time too! Honestly, the Halloween movies shown on Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, and ABC Family are my childhood if we're talking about Halloween. Of course, I can't leave out Harry Potter because pretty much every weekend is Harry Potter Weekend on ABC. Thanks for that, ABC.

I'm sure there are other things that make Halloween, well, Halloween, but these are the two that came to mind as soon as I thought of the word 'Halloween'. Let me know what comes to mind when you think of Halloween!
October 12th, 2015 at 02:34am