3rd Year at Uni, Friends, Going Home

So this week I found out about the Uni stuff I will be doing, instead of placement the students have to work on projects given to the Uni on behalf of a company, it sounds ok. My company is called ABRRAS I think? A managment company in Ellon, so I have to drive to them and do work on projects, instead of doing any Uni stuff or any solid hard work.... It will be a lot like college work I imagine. I get all expense paid for aswell, so its not too bad at all.
Good things about it is that it sounds bloody easy if I work hard at it, and it means no exams all year, and it gives me good flexibility to go home whenever I want or if something terrible happened. This means I have to work weekends still, which I dont mind, it keeps me busy, I dont go out much up here because I find it boring and over priced... So in the end I think everything has worked out ok, not great, but ok....

James is back up from Newcastle and it was good to see him in his new flat, hes one of my closest mates up here aswell as Dan, Ella and Fergus. He needed a lift to the train station to other day so I agreed to pick him up at 7am, the things Id do for my closest friends... Honestly!!

All this Uni stuff means the plans for going home in November for 2 weeks are back on, Im still looking at renting a lodge with my own hot tub whilst Im down aswell, to give myself a bit of that luxury I feel I deserve.
I will drive down, Aberdeen to Torquay, 650 miles, people call me crazy but its a psychological thing. Driving in Scotland is easy, but once you hit the English motorways, especially the M6 and M5, it can drain your energy a lot. Usually once I get back I cant drive for a day because Im so mentally worn out. Its worth it though to have the car and drive around everywhere, theres a lot to do in Torbay and a lot of people to see... Unlike Aberdeen!!

Today I was called into work because someone called in sick, so Im doing 6 and a half hours at £15 an hour, the easiest £100 Ive ever earned in my life.
Money should be coming thick and fast, its pay day in a couple days which will be around £1200, then I get £1400 in student loans (aka free money) within the space of 2 weeks. All of it will be going into savings though because I never really spend heaps of money on myself anyway.

Then its off to New York in December.... My god I cant wait, it will be so good to see Jack and to spend Christmas, my 21st, and New Years with him, probably drunk everyday! Ive told myself Im going to lose loads of weight and lean up so I can go across the pond and eat and drink whatever I want without worrying about gaining fat!!
October 12th, 2015 at 06:59pm