Uni, Work With No Social Life, My Business

Last week I had a meeting at Uni with the employer I will be working with for my Uni, they have dropped a project on my lap and told me to sort out the JV contract and look into the marketing and promotion for it aswell as everything else... Obviously as I will only be there once or twice a week I wont be doing everything but it sounds fun, it sounds like I might learn something for once at Uni instead of all this nonsense about learning a debatable theory off some fella who died 300 years ago, its all a load of tosh.

That means Uni on Mondays and Fridays, ABRRAS on Tuesdays and maybe Wednesdays aswell, work on the weekends, leaving me with only Thursday as a day off... I might look into making ABRRAS once a week which I can do, because otherwise my life will seriously become depressing.

My friends go out in the week which I do sometimes aswell, but the majority of people go out on Saturdays, obviously I have work so I cant.. I miss out on a lot of the fun side of Uni life and it does upset me sometimes. I have friends back home in Bristol and Plymouth who dont work and go out all the time, in tonnes of debt, and I have friends up here who dont work and go out loads, and other friends who get their supplies off mummy and daddy which just makes them look pathetic and lazy.
I hope this all pays off, I know last time it did with my car... and by Christmas its fair to say I will have well other 5k in the bank which isnt bad considering everything.
I dont know what it will pay off on, it really builds my character and makes me mature and realise working hard is the only way to make you successful. If X works harder than Y then X will have a more successful long term life, simple.
It does upset me though saying no to all my friends, sorry, I have to be up at 4am for work, its difficult, but it build me up into someone I am happy with.

It does also give me a lot of money in the bank to go off and do spectacular things, like going to New York, I will be taking at least $1000 with me to splash on this experience. I never really buy much in comparison to other people, I dont buy many expensive clothes, the car isnt costing me much at all, I have very little expense at all. I enjoy my alcohol, my car, my football, and girls, and none of that is expensive.
Work is okay though, its not difficult, I say to all the new members of staff the most important thing is self management, if you manage or sleep and yourself then getting through the long day or waking up at silly o clock isnt difficult. I suffer from chronic insomnia, slight anxiety and slight depression, I never gloat or go off in self pity about it, yet I still manage to get things done, you just get on with it. Sometimes you cant do anything, boxing day is a day I will never forget, where I couldnt take anymore and collapsed into my mums arms, sometimes admitting defeat and accepting youre not strong enough to handle certain situations on your own makes you a bigger person and a stronger person.

Anyway... Im seriously looking into the sides of my business idea that I wont be putting on here until its up and running, Im looking at forms of IP and have emailed certain firms in regards to Trademarking my brand, and ive also contacted a web design firm to get an idea of the costs of that, because lets be honest, not many people can make a website from scratch.... I did it at college 4 years ago but for love nor money could I even try and do it now, it was very very complex and you really need to specialise in it to do it to a good standard.
I still want to do it, I feel I have all the tools to do it, since a very early age ive always looked at ways to make money on my own and have down it sometimes to an extremely profitable way, its what I want to do. I want to build something and I want to enjoy working, I feel working a 5 day week for the rest of my life for some company would be a terrible way to live your life. The pros are that if my business ever, over say 20 years gets big, gets popular, then obviously I can sell it for a hefty amount at the end, I can accept investments, stuff like that. Also making it profitable in the meantime to be my living income for the future is something I want it to be. Cons arent much, the fact it would be a Ltd means I have no personal liability, however I would lose all the money I put into the business, which is the least of my concerns, the main con is that if it went wrong it would be a blow to my pride, and I wouldnt be sure where to go after that... But who knows, Im excited by the future, but like I said Im slowly going with the flow at the moment, and Im angry because Im not going anywhere I want to be.
October 12th, 2015 at 07:02pm