Calling All Supernatural Fans!

Hi there, fans and friends!

As much as I absolutely despise even the thought of being referred to as a "fan girl", I won't even deny acting like one sometimes when it comes to SPN. So I do apologize in advance for how many times you might cringe while reading this. On the other hand though, I'm not here to talk about my love for the show. No, I have a point for this blog.

I started watching the show some time ago with my grandmother (awesome, right?). She's the one that actually got me hooked on the boys. Well when I found out most of the seasons were on Netflix a while back, I went overboard with my binge watching every freaking night after work and thus, fell in fictional love.

I also have a rather strong love for fan fiction. Kicker? I've never read even the first paragraph of Supernatural fan fiction. Don't shake your head at me in shame, just shoot me.

I wanted to get caught up with the series before I read any so there weren't any spoilers. At the same time I tried very, very hard to make my episodes last once I got to like season 8. Because what would I do with my life if there wasn't any new episodes to watch, right?

Well at last, I'm almost caught up. So I'm ready for this fan fiction. Excited, really.

However, it would be very disappointing to start off with a bad fic. Where as everyone can imagine, not everyone can write. And not everyone has their facts straight.

This is where you come in! (And where I'm just getting to the whole point of this blog).

What I want is your recommendations to some of your favorite SPN fanfics. Now, I'm not too picky, but I do have a few preferences.

What I look for in a good story:

The author has to know what their writing about. (duh, right?).

Preferably good writing but it doesn't have to be perfect.

Strong plots are a weakness.

Slash only if it's romance based, unless it's a female character from the show. The thought of little girls fantasizing about the boys kind of ruins the straight thing for me.

I will give any pairing a try. I do love all the characters.

And lastly, it doesn't have to be romance/sexual. I enjoy reading just for the story.

So you've got the basics now, leave me links in the comments to your favorites or even some you've written. And list as many as you'd like. I also promise to comment with full opinion on any of them that I read. Plus recs and what not if I really enjoy it.

There we are, I don't think I left anything out.
October 17th, 2015 at 03:20am