Day 8 of 31: Happily Ever After

I’ve never given much thought to what my dream wedding would be like. Until recently, I’ve never had any desire to get married or have children or do any of the things you are supposed to do. I’ve been with my current boyfriend just shy of a year, and we’ve only just confessed our love for each other. Honestly, I knew that I loved him around month four, but I pushed it away, thinking I was just being a stupid girl. I’ll talk more about that later. That’s technically day 12’s topic.

If I ever had a wedding, I would want it to be in the winter time. Anywhere between December and February would be perfect. I have picked out my venue already. I saw pictures featured in a local magazine of a wedding that was held at this place. It’s called Anthony Chapel and it’s in the Garvan Botanical Gardens in Hot Springs, Arkansas, a short drive from where I live. It’s absolutely beautiful. It’s a small chapel, nestled in the woods of the botanical gardens. It’s completely open with glass windows.

My colors would probably be red, black, and silver. I love classic red roses, so I would want those everywhere. If I didn’t do red, I would do royal blue and charcoal grays. I would probably let my bridesmaids pick their own dresses, because I hate the matchy matchy thing weddings usually have. I would want them to be long. That would be my only request. My dress would be classic. I want something lace and modest.

My bridesmaids would walk down the aisle to an instrumental, preferably with cello and piano. I would walk down the aisle to Too Good To Be True by Frankie Valli. Our first dance would be to Amazing Eyes by Good Old War.

For the ceremony, I would want it to be short and sweet, and then have a kickass party afterward.
The rest of this will be pictures of the venue and an example of what my dress would look like.
Image
Image
Image
October 19th, 2015 at 08:27am