Day 11 of 31: Thanks for the Memories

Today’s topic is supposed to be my favorite memories. I’ve been thinking of this one since I created my list for the blog challenge. Memories are something that escapes me. I also look back on these times in my life, and get sad that I don’t have those times any more. I also regret a bunch of stuff I did in the past, so I always have cringe attacks thinking of all the stupid stuff I did!
My first favorite memory: Katrina
Every single day I spent with my best friend Katrina 2010-2013. She is an amazing, hilarious, beautiful person, and she was always such an amazing friend to me. I know I don’t deserve her. Sometimes I can be an inconsiderate, immature girl, and there were times when I didn’t appreciate her like I should have. We are still friends today, but we both have our own lives and responsibilities now, so that keeps us from hanging out as much as we use to. I seriously spent every day with her my senior year of high school, and first year of college. I’m so blessed to have had the privilege to be so close to her. Sometimes I wish I could go back and relive some of the crazy shenanigans we got ourselves into. Even the nights when we would just drive down the road, and smoke, and talk about things that probably don’t mean anything anymore, I miss them so much. I miss her so much. I’m going to include some inside jokes of ours, so I can laugh. Y’all won’t know what the hell I’m talking about.
“It’s pink like me ‘cause I’m a girl.”
Any hilarious line from Mean Girls, The Hot Chick, or Easy A.
Our five hour Facebook relationship.
“Her name is Nikki Panda” “Dude, I ‘effin’ know!”
"Now an inspirational quote from everyone's favorite little, yellow bastard...Winnie the Pooh"
"Fiddle-Faddle." "Katrina...did you just say fiddle-faddle?"
*Stapling noises "Ow." Pulls staple out of finger.*-Me
Katrina - Laughing so hard she doesn't make a noise.
“Hear that girls? If you wanna have an abortion in South Dakota, you have to be raped REAL bad."
"Why does Waffle House always play jelly roulette!? Like, here take this jelly! Maybe I'm allergic to grapes. They don't know my life!"
Abby’s Baby Daddy
Hot’n’ready pizza, and route 44 drinks. Sonic breakfast burritos.
"I need a number 10 with crunchy tacos."
"They come crunchy."-Taco Bell employee.
"okay... well, isn't she just the sass master.”

My second favorite memory: The Day I Met My Boyfriend
I had just worked a long shift at work, and Amie, my friend and roommate at the time, asked me if I wanted to come over to one of her boyfriend’s friend’s houses because he was having a little get together to make himself feel better. His wife had just cheated on him and left him. I said sure, why not. Anything to help someone out right? I went to his house, and I remember meeting him like it was yesterday. I came into the house, and he took my hand warmly and said “Hello, my name is Derik. What’s yours?” I loved how direct he was. I loved the cordialness of it. No one ever meets people like that anymore, by just a simple hello. I introduced myself as Cassi, and I left it at that. He was kind, offering me everything under the moon, and I politely declined everything, because I’m awkward. I just remember feeling something right then. I wanted this boy…and I eventually got him. I also loved when he figured out that Cassi was my nickname, and Cassity was my legal name. He started calling me Cassity. No one calls me Cassity. It's special to me.

My third favorite memory: My sister telling me she was engaged.
I’ll keep this short, because no one else will find this interesting, but I was so happy when my sister told me she was engaged. She texted me a picture of the ring on her left hand, and nothing else. I was at work, and I flipped out. I had never felt happier for my sister. Her husband is a rare kind. He is gentle, kind, and hard-working. He loves my sister so deeply. A love I haven’t seen in a long time. I couldn’t have hand-picked anyone better for her.
October 19th, 2015 at 10:24am