For NaNoWriMo: Research on Japan

I feel like I'm going to break Google. I'm a researching spree for Japan. I'm familiar with Korean culture and hell, even more so Chinese than Japan. I've never had a whole lot of interest in Japanese culture. Well, I have, but it was my lowest out of the three mentioned. However, when you create a character that's Japanese and start your story in Japan, you kinda need to do some research.

Here's the synopsis for my story:

A Japanese journalist discovers she has a demon clinging to her, caused by a curse bestowed upon her family centuries ago. In order to exercise it from her, she must travel to Korea to find the "viridescent one". Along the way, she uncovers the Other World, the world of the mythological and supernatural beings that live among humans.

Its a fanfiction.

A K-Pop fanfiction actually.

However, I plan to make this one of my most badass and well thought-out stories yet and I am super stoked for this!

However, I need to get into Japanese culture before November hits so if anyone can recommend movies, TV shows, music, etc. that would be most certainly appreciated.

Also, if you can tell me anything about Japan's branch of Buddhism, that would be great. I'm familiar with general Buddhism, but would like to see how Japan's variation is. My main character is very involved in Buddhism.

So, yeah. LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED. ::crazy:
-Later, loves
October 21st, 2015 at 11:20pm