Rant (Please Read. Needing Advice)

Okay so I have this friend. And she's a sweet person I guess but every time I try to vent to her, she always either ignores me or starts talking about her own problems and about what she's going through. She also interrupts me and doesn't pay attention to words. Like, the other day I told her that I might be something but that I didn't know for sure and she said, "Well how did you find out?"

Um... I didn't say that I was. I said might and I also said that I didn't know. She shouldn't assume.

I hate when people do that. I said "Might" so that should have been a clue right there. Might doesn't mean for certain. I also said that I didn't know for sure so that should have been a second clue. She needs to pay attention to word choices. Idk why she assumed but that's kind of rude. Why do people do that? Not pay attention to word choices and ignore word choices. I said "Might" and "Not sure" so she should have known better than to ask me "Well how do you know?" and "What are you gonna do about it?"

And she always vents to me (which is fine) but if I try to vent to her, she doesn't pay attention.

Also, sometimes when I talk or say something, she chuckles which is rude and triggering as hell. It makes me not want to talk if when I open my mouth, if she's going to do do that. And she knows I'm going through a lot right now but she doesn't seem to really be paying attention. Which hurts. I mean, I still wanna be her friend but it makes me not trust her when she doesn't listen to me. When I try to vent to her, and she just kind of ignores me, it hurts and it makes me not feel like I can open up to her. I'm willing to listen to her, so I don't know why she can't listen to me when I try to talk.

I may see her today so I may talk to her about it then and ask her why she does that. Of course, she's a sensitive person so I'm scared if I try to confront her about it, that she may get emotional and will try to make me feel bad for her and will try to guilt trip me. I don't really know.

What should I do? I feel stuck because I care about her but she doesn't seem to want to listen to me. She just seems to want me to be there for her and to listen to her but she doesn't seem to want to be there for me or to listen to me when I need her.
October 24th, 2015 at 03:42pm