Throwing It Back to the Good Old Days & List of Stuff

I always get super nostalgic in the fall.

When I was younger, I lived in a super small town. Small like, when I was 8 I counted how many steps it too to get from one end to the other and it was 486. There was one school, one grocery store that also had a tiny post office and bank connected to it, one tiny hockey arena and one restaurant. And then I think some guy turned his garage into an auto repair shop so that was some excitement.

But anyways, I moved there when I was 5 and we went for a walk to check out the place and met this family with a girl the same age as me and my sister and a boy a couple years older. Being kids, my sister and I instantly became best friends with the girl and we literally sent the next 7 years attached at the hip. They lived three houses down from us so we always stayed at each others houses and we basically grew up together.

Right behind both of our houses was this huge canola field that the parents of another friend of ours owned and let us play in, so in the summer we would ride quads and dirt bikes back there and in the winter we're snow shoe and snow mobile. It was so much fun.

Every Halloween we would go to one of our houses and get all dressed up in our costumes and then go out and trick or treat. We knew everyone that lived in town because, like I said, it was tiny as hell, so we could just go up and down the roads and then when it got dark, our moms would follow a little bit behind us in a truck to make sure we were safe.

One Halloween it was unusually warm, we usually have snow and had to wear our snowsuits under our costumes which was the worst thing ever. So we decided to have a sleepover after trick or treat and sorting all of our candy. Since it was weirdly warm, we brought out the huge 10 person tent that they had and decided to camp out in the backyard. It was originally going to just be me, my sister and our friend, but we ended up with her mom, dad and brother in the tent as well. We stayed up super late and told scary stories and it was so much fun.

That's definitely one of my favourite fall memories.

*****


I officially finished clinical yesterday, well I had my last clinical day on Thursday but I had a presentation in seminar yesterday. We got an A- which I was pretty excited about, so I'm hoping I'll break my streak of just barely getting a B+ instead of an A- on everything and actually move into the As this year.

A girl can dream.

Anyways, my last contest is coming to a close today and that means I'm gonna have a ton of stuff to add to my to do list, which is already insanely long.

I'm planning on getting the magazine reviews I have to write out of the way today, so then that leaves one blog interview, a few ficmixes, and a shit ton of comments. Also a couple in-depth reviews for stories that I really should get done.

But I promise I'll get this stuff done soon, guys. I've just been focusing on school and have been working 2 jobs pretty much every day, so I've had a slight lack of time. But I only work one job today and don't work at all tomorrow so I should be able to get some stuff done.

I need to get some NaNo planning done as well, and I have a bunch of stories I want to write. I'm writing the first chapter for Operation Ghost Squall, which is my co-write with Aubree, and I've been telling her that I'll get it done for a couple weeks now SO IT HAS TO GET DONE. I'm super excited for it though so I'm hoping I can get that chapter done and posted.

But yeah. So much to do. Ahhh.
October 24th, 2015 at 08:49pm