Cleo's Official NaNo Log

I see everyone's been making NaNo blogs so I thought I'd put some time aside to write one. I was actually hoping to do it last night, but HOLY FUCK BALLS, WORK IS KILLING ME HAHA. For starters, I guess it'd be nice to talk a little about my NaNo history — I've never won. Well, I did participate last year and I would've won, but I forgot to update my word count and missed the deadline so that was a bummer. Technicality sucks, but I'm still a champ in my head. To be exact, I haven't even won Camp NaNo. It's funny because I tried to keep a log when I forced Ky to work on it with me. She gave up much more earlier than I did. .

COOL SHIT HERE

i. Here you'll find my NaNo profile — venusmoth. If you look at my novel list, I entered Moonlight last year, but that was back when I hadn't rewritten it. Back then, it was known as Overdose which I'm actually turning into maybe a story in between Moonlight and Black Pearl. I've spoken so much about Moonlight, I'm shocked no one has asked me to shut the fuck up yet. Ky and I are doing our assassin crossovers, but I feel like mine has driven me to the pits of hell because of how technical I'm making it.

My current babies for this semester year (I laughed at myself for like thirty minutes because that's hilarious of a mistake and I'm not deleting that shit) happen to be a rewrite of my second ever completed novel on this website and a whole new story that I've plotted since August. Nemesis Orion and Wicked have officially been fully plotted. Yes, I went out to the bookstore the other day and invested in a journal which is literally filled with sticky notes and ink. I also went out and got a messenger bag that looks superbly adorable. I'm so ready to hit the cafe's and write in style. ALSO MY PEARL LAPTOP CASE AND SILICONE KEYBOARD COVER SHOULD BE COMING IN SOON. Can you tell I'm a total douche nerd or what?

Anyway, I thought I'd talk a little about Nemesis and Wicked. It's really funny because both genre's are super serious and on opposite ends of the justice system. Wicked revolves the South Korean government. As much detailed with the plot I've gotten, I haven't even named my main OC's nor have I changed up the summary because let's face it, it's so outdated. The main OC is head of the secret service that's the closest to the president of SK. When the president is assassinated, the head of service starts investigating her death and finds a terrorist threat on her hands. I'm really excited to bring it back! Two years and it's time for more technicality! Seriously, I have a problem actually...

Nemesis Orion on the other hand revolves a mercenary known as — literally — Nemesis Orion. She's the most baddest character I've ever conjured in my head. And I love her more than necessary mainly because I'm yet to create a bloodthirsty bitch as heinous as her. Nonetheless, she's a character who steps out into the world and begins recruiting beings who've been ousted by society (drug addicts, prostitutes, etc) and re-creates them to serve her which inevitably makes up the Nemesis Clan. And then I go into heavy detail about her past and coming betrayals and yea, check it out. It's the one story I've been creating that doesn't have an ounce of romance in it.

ii. I'm a lone wolf all the way and I have refused to join the NaNo groups because I really don't think I'd be all too great in them. How lovely. Awkward on the streets, between the sheets and virtual meets. To be honest, I did waste three hours on Skype helping doubtful Ky figure out her own NaNo story. If I can do that, I guess I can help inspire some people. I'm a huge affiliate of Twitter so follow me @venusmoth and check out my own updates for the month of NaNo November! I'll also give out my Skype to those that're interested and we can totally have mini-meets where we cheer each other on and check each others stories out and just BITCH AT EACH OTHER TO FINISH BECAUSE I SWEAR TO GOD YOU WILL FINISH.

iii. Below I will commence my NaNo Log full of things I want to do in each of my stories. Feel free to take on parts of my dare log or things I've uncovered from the world wide web (every time I say that, I think of Transformers for some god forsaken reason). Also, laugh at our pain back during Camp NaNo because Ky and I so ate shit during this time it was hilarious. Also for future reference here's my Camp NaNo profile.

Image


DARE LOG: NEMESIS ORION EDITION

Nemesis Orion will include a lot of sensitive content. As I was looking over the NaNo Groups I realized I technically wouldn't be a part of any group because almost everyone has their personal trigger warnings. Not that it's a bad thing! I have mine too. The thing is, I imply a lot of shit in Nemesis but I personally can't handle things like rape, incest, or other such nonsense that my brain can not comprehend at the moment. And with that, I shall include all the things I want to include in this gem.

___________________


CHARACTERS

Nemesis Orion // Better known as a mercenary with a heinous past, Orion rarely shows any signs of humanity, care, or kindness. She's a straightforward and ruthless assassin that is all too trigger happy. Though it's not stated heavily, Orion follows a strict code where she refuses to murder women or children. All her hits are directed to those that have sinned to an extent in which she can properly pass judgment. Not much is known of her past except that her mother sold her after breaking the one-child law in China and choosing the youngest sister over the black sheep. As Orion ages, she serves a lone contractor that is known as her mentor. Realizing the loneliness she's surrounded herself in, Orion strives to find someone to fill the gaping holes in her heart. It's then that she begins recruiting individuals ousted by society and creates what is known as the Nemesis Clan.

Nemesis Kronos // Known as his human label — Tai Lee — Kronos was once a street rat that occasionally worked for big gangs in Korea. Striving to become an initiated member, Tai manages to sell drugs and women on the Black Market before running into Orion. Thinking she's nothing more than an easy catch one faithful day, Tai is given a horrifying wake-up call. Waking up in the seclusion of a dark room is when he realizes Orion is not as she seems. Breaking down every bit of his stubborn being until he's kneeling at her feet, Orion re-creates Tai into a being who wants to follow in her footsteps. Only after taking on her code of not harming women or children is he renamed Kronos — a man feared by the greatest Titan to exist.

Nemesis Adonis // Gary Wang was once a modern day slave who was sold n America when he was just a child. Weak and known to be abused by his captors, Gary simply had no backbone, not until Orion caught his eye. Of course she was a well-scouted and well-respected being within his masters league. They treated her like a goddess when she came to visit for family dinners. The whole situation at hand was a ploy nonetheless. Gary may have been weak, but he could sense when things were wrong. After his captors were ruthlessly murdered, Orion allowed Gary to live his life as long as he served her claim. Thinking he would continue his slave like affairs, Gary was bewildered by Orion's way of caring and training him. With the help of Kronos, Gary was renamed Nemesis Adonis and upheld the title of an intricate genius who used his keen senses and quick judgements to help his clan. Orion turned Adonis into something he never dreamed of — immortal.

Nemesis Iron // Chul Chu was a shameful individual who was abandoned by his parents after his addiction to drugs tarnished the Chu family name. Jumping from one persons home to another, begging for money and stealing, Chul was nothing but a scavenger until a goddess came to his rescue. She gave him as much money as he needed and even accompanied him to drug meets and rave parties until one day, Chul was left for dead when he incidentally overdosed. Only Orion was there when he woke up in the hospital soon after and claimed she was his guardian. With extreme measures implanted by Adonis and Kronos, Chul was isolated during his withdrawals and only cared after by Orion who renamed him Iron — a meek translation of his name. Now he's not the first to pick up personal feelings for the leader of the Nemesis Clan, but Iron always kept his emotions to himself while striving to be the best member Orion has come to create.

Nemesis Tsuki // Known as a full-time stripper and prostitute, Akira Tsukino was only working for the head of the Yakuza clan in hopes of paying off her father's debt. But even after she repaid every last cent, he kept her as his personal slave. Over ten years she suffered as another mans bitch before Nemesis Orion and her group were given a mission to take out the head of Yakuza and reinstate another being of power and that of a woman. While allowing all those imprisoned to fall free, Akira begged and pleaded claiming there was nothing for her in Japan and she would never make it out in the real world. While the remainder of the Nemesis Clan was disgusted by Akira's needy person, Orion agrees to bring in Akira and teaches her grace, elegance and sophistication. While Akira is baffled by the power of the Nemesis Clan, she's the first woman (aside Orion) to enter and take on the pact while trained under Adonis's eye. Valuing the inner relationships of the clan, Orion initiates her as Nemesis Tsuki — naming her after the moon's light.

Nemesis Sindel // Alice Rain originated from a wealthy family in America and married a man twenty years older than her. Going after him because of his 'sugar daddy' label, Alice didn't mind being on the receiving end of emotional and physical abuse. As long as she adorned money and her pretty figure/face, Alice was the happiest. While months turned into years, Alice's greed turned into something dangerous. Knowing she'd receive her husband's assets if he perished, she came into contact with a member of the Nemesis Clan — Kronos. While he takes on this case and involves rookie member Tsuki, the duo take out Alice's husband but are given strict orders to kill Alice herself by the head honcho. Fearless and bewildered, Alice questions the motive of Orion who see's this dangerous monster as a potential member of the clan. While Alice is the least liked within the Nemesis group, she finds solace in her idol — Orion — who teaches her that life is much more than petty looks and large sums of cash.

Nemesis Aurae // Tiger Aurae was raised as an opposing mercenary across Orion. Though she's ten times more cocky and arrogant, Aurae inherited a leadership position of Tiger Clan. Though Aurae is impulsive and brash, she's naive and very trustful of her members who one day turn on her. Because of past affairs in Tiger Clan, Aurae is targeted by the strongest members who look to exterminate her. Saved by Nemesis Sindel who was in the wrong place at the right time, Aurae is brought back to the Nemesis hideout where she's tended to by her greatest opposition — Orion. During her recovery, Aurae receives news that Tiger Clan has been exterminated and she'll repay Orion by serving her. As Aurae proves herself a worthy member and initiated, Aurae brings to the table her dangerous combat skills and loyalty towards the hierarchy.

___________________


CHARACTER MAKEUP

These other one's that I've come across are from hours of surfing on the web that I've saved. I'll definitely site the website no worries! I think some of these are hilarious and it'd be a knee-jerker to read it in a story of some sort. Also some of these are one's I'll be trying out. Also shout out to Fae because I got a couple of these from her. Check out her list, she's got a great collection:

Include an asexual character
I've decided to use Nemesis Kronos as a person of interest for this dare. I like the makeup of his being. Having been a previous wannabe street rat turned righteous right-hand mercenary under Orion's care, I feel like he'd be the most repulsed by sex after seeing what the Kkangpae had done. Of course, he sinned to a good enough portion by selling women to become an initiated member, but he'd never go out and do anything as to violate women himself. It's a strange, bitter-sweet aspect of Kronos that I've created.

bonus point: if it's the main oc // double bonus point: if it's a boy // triple bonus point: if the character is of different ethnicity than caucasian

Reverse your prologue w/ an epilogue
Ah, I've actually done this with Hell Bound but I do spoil it because of a character death. Personally think it was better when I wrote it up that way so my bby Ky wouldn't freak out and die at the end. Technically, everyone in the Hell Bound era dies sometime being the first installation of my zombie story. BUT I WILL TOTALLY BE DOING THIS FOR NEMESIS ORION. I've actually got the chapter set up and it'll probably be a small, short intro that'll feature all the characters which is something I'm very much looking forward to!

bonus point: if the epilogue is actually a tragic ending // double bonus point: if you do it w/o spoiling anything

Include a festival scene in your novel
This actually is a wonderful touch as I have most of the Nemesis Clan still in touch with opposing characters that reflect pure human nature. By the looks of it, I'd probably include one of the rookie Nemesis members that go out and try touching base with her clan mates humanity during a celebration of sorts.

bonus point: if it's a plot point and involves a minor character

Include a really good death scene
If anyone has fully read a story of mine, you'll know that death scenes of all beings are of my forte. I love killing off characters and enhancing a plot. Of course, I decided to take on this dare because I feel like it'll be something I can do for sure. I'm not one for sappy deathbed confessions anyway and advancing the plot via a death? Talk about #goals because I'm so ready! Ky if you're reading this, don't attach yourself to anyone...

bonus point: if it isn't the villain // double bonus point: if it advances the plot // triple bonus point: if it doesn't include soppy deathbed confessions of love // quadruple bonus point: if it will make your readers cry like babies anyway

I've gotten these following two from goodreads and while there are much more, I highlighted these two and claimed them my own for Nemesis Orion. Though it's a relatively serious story, I think it'd be nice to have strange quirks within my characters or them expressing something Orion can't. Mainly I want a large variety of personalities and attitudes and I'm excited to be touching base with each of these!

Have a character who always thinks of the best comeback long after the comeback is needed
Since I already used Nemesis Kronos, I thought of spotlighting my witty creation of Nemesis Adonis. Despite his rough past, I wanted Adonis to hold a classy, sophisticated, but also a joking side to him. I just see him being one to hassle the younger members of the clan but always be thwarted when in need of a comeback. Also Lee Beomsoo as a face claim just makes it ten times more real in my head (despite his role in Divine Move as a psycho hehe)

bonus point: if they actually bring up the dead convo hours after it ended just to throw in their amazing comeback // double bonus point: if this happens during a very climatic or important scene // triple bonus point: if the comebacks really aren't very good at all // quadruple bonus point: if this is confusing enough to thwart the villain's plan because he/she is too busy scratching his/her head at the 'amazing comeback

Include a character that eats ice cream with a fork
Seeing that I like to play around with crazy perks, I think Nemesis Aurae is perfect for this. Having already been part of Tiger Clan, I think maybe — like Orion — she has some crazy perks that the others have to adapt to, but this being a laughable one. I just see it so clearly in my head and the separate reactions. It's just a perfect way to characterize Aurae as a person even though she's not so in touch with her individuality.

bonus point: if it's the same character over and over again // double bonus point: if it's done spontaneously

These three dare's I've conjured are from protagonize.com which has a good collection of dares. You gotta really look into them and read it and see if it goes hand in hand with your story as I have. I see that my selection of dares are set up to further character development so I'm really excited with these three.

Have your character lose a sense
Nemesis Kronos and Nemesis Adonis and Nemesis Aurae have already been spotlighted, so I'm turning the more serious of the ailments onto Nemesis Iron who will be the first to lose a sense or two. By the way I have this story plotted, Iron is head over heels in love with Orion even after her betrayal, but seeing to it that he's still meant to work under Nemesis Kronos — second in command — it'll jeopardize everyone's life after they start hunting Orion. As per the second character who'll be losing a sense, I'm spotlighting Nemesis Sindel. Now I'm thinking something along the lines of eye-sight and hearing which is a crucial jeopardy, but I'm also thinking about ailments that cause numbness or loss of feeling and taste. We'll see what I come up with. Overall, I think I'll also have Nemesis Orion be a victim of this but she'll come into the story with these ailments intact.

bonus point: if your character has lost two sense-abilities // double bonus point: if your character has lost both or more than one sense-ability at the same time // triple bonus point: if more than one character has lost more than one sense-ability

Involve a character with a fear of uncleanliness/has an OCD problem
Nemesis Orion is perfect for this. I think having a more psychological issue surrounding this would be key. It'd also add more ways to show how much she cares for her clan members by cleaning up and caring for them even if it's just something she does because she has to. I also have very prized moments that ensure a lot of bonding between her and members of Nemesis Clan.

bonus point: if it's your main character // double bonus point: if that character spazzes out at least once because he/she is dirty // triple bonus point: if a different character keeps throwing dirt at the cleanaholic to see him/her freak out

Include a secret handshake between two characters
There's also a dare that spotlights a homosexual couple and I think I'll add to that dare by choosing the couple I've turned gay in this. Nemesis Tsuki and Nemesis Aurae are perfect for one another, I believe. Of course, Tsuki is a bit more human like and would probably help Aurae break out of her shell a bit more. I think this secret handshake of sorts is the closest to intermingling romance they'll ever get. I'm not planning anything huge between them except heart emoji's above their heads, but this is a cute addition I believe.

bonus point: if it involves sound effects and takes up at least one hundred words // double bonus point: if the villain impersonates one of your characters and fails only due to the secret handshake // triple bonus point: if it's the catalyst for any number of major plot points

Here, have some helpful writing prompt links and NaNo dares below!:
One Month Book
I Dare You to Write
Some Pinterest Things
Writers Digest
Writing Prompts
Daily Teaching Tools
October 26th, 2015 at 06:38am