My Interview With ''bunny-mommy'' and ''MarizFloriz''

Since I am trying to make a good comeback in here, I'm gonna post two more interviews and sort out the rest of them because I want to interview some new authors that have joined the site and their writings are rough gems that I'm sure you'll enjoy. :)

Before I get to the interview, I'll tell you: a) where you can recommend other authors for me to interview as well as what you'd like to know about them (your own personal questions), and b) where you can find all the links for the interviews. I will always put this reminder here at the start of every interview for all of you to know. So, here's the link.

The first interview of this blog entry is with bunny-mommy. She writes a variety of things, from original fiction to fanfics of anime and others. My favourite story by her is Betrothed to Death which is complete and its sequel called, Death's Bride which hasn't been updated in a long while, as well as her new story called The Stairs. These three stories are all around romance and the one with the sequel is about fantasy, give them a read? c:

01. Would you tell us your full name?
Well, not my fullname, no. My given name is Leanne but most just call me Bunny.

02. How long have you been on mibba?
Uhm....I have no idea. 0.o....over three years...maybe four...or five?

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?
I post on fictionpress, fanfiction.net and I was posting on freedom of speech fanfiction but they vanished. And Wattpad if I feel like it, I usually don't...

04. Since when have you been writing?
As far back as I can remember. The first story I wrote was about a dog or something. I think I was five. I've just always liked weaving tales from my imagination.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.
Well, I'll do the top three to save time. Betrothed to Death is about a dying girl making a deal with the Grim Reaper and going to live with him when she turns 21. It deals with her discovering a new world, new people and her relationship with her stand offish husband.
Favored by Her Father is about the favorite child of Rameses II who is wed to the general of her fathers army by force when she refuses to pick a husband. She hates him and he loves her, insisting she knows him and loves him too, though she can't remember.
Death's Bride is the sequel to Betrothed to Death and focuses on the Grim Reaper's heir as she takes his place and get's married.

06. What inspired you to write each story?
Favored by her father was inspired by an Egyptian history text book and a documentary on Rameses II on the history channel.
Betrothed to Death...well, I really can't remember but it may have also been the history channel, a special on the Egyptian god Hades.
Death's Bride was inspired by the book The Dark Wife and some rock music.
:mrgreen:

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?
From Betrothed to Death I would have to say Accius and Aesar. They were always fun to write and Aesar turned out to be a lot of comic relief when things got really serious and so I enjoyed just being goofy and making the reader's laugh.
Death's Bride is still new, so I can't say I really have a favorite. Maybe Rose? I guess because in the first story Rose was born at the end so I never really got to explore who she was, so I get to discover her!
Favored by her Father would defiantly have to Jabari. He's just such a great guy and always had a reason for almost everything he did.

08. Do you do research before writing?
I did EXTENSIVE research before writing Favored by her father, and anytime I write historical I research like crazy so I can stay as accurate as possible. Fantasy doesn't require much research, except to double check some facts.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?
Not really. I don't read stories on here as much as I probably should. ~.~"

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?
Well, I never thought I would write historical at all, but I tried it and it wasn't so bad. I had an idea for one about colonial times and Native American's but that's taken a back burner to all the other idea's floating around in my head.

11. How often do you update?
Whenever I finish a chapter. It's not really set. Some updates are slower than others. It really depends if I've been inspired to breeze through a chapter or if I've been busy or struggled to get what's in my head on the paper.

12. What's the story you are most proud of?
They are all my babies, don't make me choose! ;.;

13. Any words for your readers?
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

14. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)
I really like Robin McKinley and Mercedes Lackey. They take the fairy tales that everyone knows and turn them around completely and that's what I like to do. I like to take a familiar concept and tear it down to the bare bones then build it up again to make it my own.

^-^ Thank you so much. ^-^

And with that our first interview come to the end, but let's go to the next one. Shall we? ::cute:

The next amazing author I deceided to interview is MarizFloriz. She writes both kinds of fiction and for those of you who are interested, my favourite stories of hers are The Royal We and Summer Sundown which are both original and complete, as well as The Quiet Ones which hasn't been updated in almost a year, and its her latest work. Let's encourage her by commenting and reccing, alright?

Now, on to our interview. c:

01. Would you tell us your full name?
Mariel Flores

02. How long have you been on mibba?
I think around four years. Ahh, I'm horrible with remembering time frames. Though I didn't post anything until about a year ago.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?
Not currently, no.

04. Since when have you been writing?
I want to say around 13 or 14. I'd just write up weird little stories about my friends and I, and it just slowly kept up ever since.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.
For what I have posted on here, they all are little love story kinds of bits. I'm not sure why, but that's just what I find fun to write, or it just flows the easiest for me... at least for the time being.
My more recent ones were 'Lefty' and it's sequel 'Greener With the Scenery' which follows a character named McKenna through meeting MLB pitcher CJ Wilson. She goes about finding out who he is, dealing with each others potentially troublesome personalties, and there's a little bit of long distance drama mixed in that they have to work their ways through.
I have 'The Royal We,' following Emily and Zach through their budding friendship after having graduated high school together - granted they'd never spoken in their entire high school careers. It's a bit like a popular boy, quiet/nerdy girl love story.
Most recently I finished 'Summer Sundown' which took place in Tennessee, following Madeline on her journey of moving from a big city into a small southern town with her Grandma. She struggles to fit in and not cause problems, though she finds she's a beacon to these things. It seems less likely that she's going to be successful, at least until she meets Andrew.

06. What inspired you to write each story?
I'm not so sure of what exactly inspired me to write them. They all started out as daydreams that I'd had. I would just build upon them and build upon them over a few days, play them over a few times in my head, and they'd just get so good that I had to write them down because I didn't want to forget them. From there I'd just see where they went and finished working on them.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?
I really, reeeeally liked Zach from 'The Royal We' mostly because I just crafted him into this perfect guy in my mind... maybe my perfect guy, I'm not sure. He just wound up being so complex with the layers of who he was and how they came to surface and he just turned into such a sweet person in the end.
I'm also really partial to Madeline from 'Summer Sundown' probably just because I would absolutely LOVE to be thrown into the scenario that she was. She also just wound up being a real about everything and how she acted, like she knew what she wanted for the most part and didn't - at least didn't try to - let anyone push her around.

08. Do you do research before writing?
I definitely do a little research before I start, at least just to come up with locations for which ever story it is to take place. Through out the whole wrirint process though, I'm always on Google looking up information for all these small little details on places, time differences, travel distances. I don't know, I just have this thing about making sure whatever it is that I'm saying is at least as close to accurate as I can get it.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?
There isn't any one particular author, but I read a whole lot of stories on here. There are definitely a good dozen that I've loved to death, and while reading them, they made me want to keep my own stories going and get them finished and everything.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?
I write about things I haven't experienced every once and a while and I like it a bit. It's fun to be able to create whatever situation it may be and add all these details to it, kind of making it real for myself. And I'm actually really scared of trying to write in different genres, I have no idea why. Maybe because I'm also not so experienced in having read other genres to think I can confidently put together a plot line. But at the moment, I'm in a creative writing class where I know that I'm going to have to do that, so well see; maybe I'll love genre hopping.

11. How often do you update?
While I'm posting a story I like to try to post new chapters every 3-4 days. That is mostly because there have been stories I read that the author posts a chapter, I fall in love with it, then they don't post again for a month and it just kills me. So I'm just thinking maybe there's someone out there reading my stuff, feeling the same, and I don't want to torture them with a wait or anything.

12. What's the story you are most proud of?
Right now probably 'Summer Sundown.' It wound up being what I would definitely consider my most elaborate one. I'd been writing it up and doing research for a good five months and I was obnoxiously excited to start posing it. I'm just really glad that it wound up getting as good of a reception as it did and that people loved it as much as I had.

13. Any words for your readers?
I love all ya faces! You wonderful, wonderful people - seriously, I love the motivation that comes from you guys and it just makes my work that much more fun for me to do and you guys just keep me going.

14. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)
Oh God, I'm horrible and haven't read a legitimate book in forever. I read 'The Gargoyle' by Andrew Davidson last winter and I loved the holy hell out of it. He's really good with working with a readers senses I think, and he has a strong voice, so I kind of look up to that.

____x____

I hope all of you enjoyed these two interviews, because I did. ::cute:

~Marian.
October 26th, 2015 at 09:52am