Uni Week Away, My 21st, York, Going Home

So the past week has been eventful and extremely fun....
As part of uni we went away to a manor for 2 nights and 3 days for activities and team building stuff, as you can imagine, we arrived and after a couple of hours we were all drunk as farts. I had about 6/7 pints, I shared a room with Andrew and James and it was a great laugh. That night however I managed around 3/4 hours sleep and the next day I was hungover and tired, it was like a festival. And on top of that I had to give two presentation and I was terrible, but I didnt care, I dont think anyone did.
We have some really nice girls in our class and this gave me and the other guys a chance to get to know them, Emily is absolutely lovely, Erin is gorgeous, and there are others aswell, it was nice to get closer to them and a bunch of the other lads aswell seeing as though I spend the majority of my time in a class with them.
The last night I went to bed at 12 and fell asleep almost on the dot, I was knackered, I couldnt stay awake which is rare for me. Andrew and James started drinking again though and came barging into the room at 4am absolutely off their rockers, they said how all the teachers were drunk and how Bob was dancing, I saw the videos and can honestly say its one of the funniest things I think Ive ever seen... So obviously, Im gutted I went to sleep, but after the girls went to sleep I saw no reason to stay up because all the guys were just sat in the boring games room!
The next morning I was fresh as a daisy, with both Andrew and James living off 4 hours sleep and a deadly hangover I cant say I felt sorry for them, but it was a good time away, then the 3 of us went off to TGIs for lunch and that was nice.
It was so good, and I kinda miss that atmosphere, I was the king though because I bought the speakers for everyone and I also a bought a football for us lads to kick about with every day.

As Im going to be spending my 21st away in New York with Jack, Mum said she was looking at getting me and Jack a hotel to spend our time in over the important bits of my stay, instead of us staying miles away in Montclair, where Jack lives....
So last night, instead of booking a hotel, I booked an apartment. Now Im still a bit wary of scams after sending money to some guy ive never met is a bit weird, but he is keeping in constant contact and even claimed to go to Church yesterday, so if it is a scam, then I will applaud him, because you couldnt tell.
The flat is on the 8th Avenue near central park and Times square in a perfect location, apparently it has two bedrooms for us... We wont be in much at all, but it gives us flexibility meaning we can go out all the time and get hammered without having to worry about paying silly money for a taxi back to Montclair in New Jersey. I cant wait.
Its less than two months away... I seriously need to start thinking of christmas presents for everybody which I will start probably next week, I give myself a budget for every person and try and stick to it.. This year Jack has the lucky part of being the person Im allowing the most, because Im with him on christmas and nobody else. Last year it was Amy for obvious reasons and I spent around £200 on her, even though we agreed on half of that.
Jack can jog on if he thinks Im spending that much, but he can expect around £80 Id say.

James came up and showed me a nice looking Stone Roses bar in York the other day, as a joke I said lets go... And now we actually are. So on the 4th Im driving down and meeting James in York before checking into our Hotel and hitting the pubs and nightlife of York, it will be good to see him and spend time with him. The only reason I said yes is because I honestly cant say when I will see him next, and any chance I get to see my friends I will take it, even if it means I have to get up at 6am and drive 300 miles into England. Incredibly, the day after that, Jamie, my other Magaluf chum, is in Glasgow for the football.... So Ive told him its very possible I will drive up to Glasgow and see him before I stay over at Alannas, a girl I know from T in the Park. Then I could drive back up to Aberdeen on the Friday.
Life is better like this, planning things like going home and new york is great, it gives you something to work for and to focus on, but spontaneous days and nights away with my friends is something ive always lived by and sworn by, it gives life excitement that you need.
Ever since Ive been single Ive learnt to appreciate my close friends more than ever before, and I love them, I honestly love them to bits and I would do absolutely anything for them and I think they know that and I think theyd do the same for me. I have hundreds of friends, up here and back home, and around 6 of them Im closer to than most people are ever close to a friend, and I love it.

In 3 weeks Im going home for 9 days to see everyone, and I cant wait for that because the last time I was home was in June, and that really wasnt for a prolonged period because I was away in Magaluf for most of it. I was pondering on splashing out £400 on my own lodge and hot tub, but I think that money could be spent more wisely, on like extra dollars for new york, or more spontaneous days out.... Next summer I will spoil myself to my own private lodge and hot tub, when the weathers nicer it might actually be worth it more... Things like this keep me motivated, all my friends complain about being bored, Im so bored, help me Im bored etc... I honestly for the life of me cannot remember when I was last bored, I always find things to do, even if Im doing nothing Im happy to be sat there in my own company with my own mind working and thinking away, I NEVER get bored. I dont know if this is good or bad, I just think its more of the weird person I am.

I dont know if theres anything else to say, some of the chickens have been very poorly, one died last week and another is going to die tomorrow, you can tell by looking at it. Its not moving, its egg binding and we cant find any way to fix it after trying literally everything. It reminded me I had a heart last night when I looked at the chicken lying down inside the house, breathing heavily, knowing it was going to die... Its absolutely horrible to know a pet, if you can call it that, is going to die and almost nothing can be done. I sat with it for about 30 minutes stroking it and giving it comfort. Poor thing.
Mum also bought 12 new quails because an attack on the last batch killed them all, so now we have new, healthier looking ones in a more secure cage.
And I think Im going to ask Mum if I can get an indian running duck, because they look bloody awesome.
October 27th, 2015 at 03:34pm