Nico's First NaNo Log (2015)

Hello, dear Mibbians! So as November approaches, we are faced with one of the greatest challenges in the writing community, which is NaNoWriMo. I have heard too much about it to just let it pass. Last year I was going to try, but something drew me back, which was the awful plot and characters and overall unpreparedness.

Yet this year I am going to fucking kill it. No, really, guys. You have no idea what I have in store.

So you already know me, if you have read some of my original work before, and I tend to go for the magical stuff. Whispy. Angels and demons. Mythology and shit. Well, this year I'm taking a turn I've never gone through before and placing both soles of my feet on Norse Mythology. Barely, though, it's only based. Okay, it's more than based. I did some originality, too. Dragons, guys, dragons.

THE BOOKKEEPERS: TALES OF AGRAS
Rating: Nc-17
Genre: Fantasy
Warnings: Mild gore
"You are one of the Bookkeepers, Isaac. The Author chose you. Now there's no going back."


WORD COUNT:
I know I could get to 50.00+ because I've done it before. Just not in a month. The thing is consistency, and I feel like with this plot, I could really do it.
goal:
50.000 words
bonus:
70.000 words
hella bonus:
100.000 words


The hella I stole from decay because she made it look fun. Also, go check out her entry, cause she'll probably rock it.

CHARACTERS:
I've put so much thought into each character it's ridiculous. I really wanted to put them out there, to have them do the things they do for a reason, which makes them more alive and... I don't know, it just came naturally to me to put this group of misfits together.

Isaac Summers
Elijah, son of Thorengar
William Davis
Lorraine Davis
Zackary Rhee


Isaac is a stick-thin, anxiety-ridden boy who cannot for the life of him make any friends. The only friends he has are his books, horses and his terrible fencing instructor.

Elijah is the warrior of Avan, and the last dragonrider of the nine worlds. His only goal is to save his people, his realm, and finish the evil forces trying to destroy it. He's also of indian complexion and has terrible social skills to the point of not even noticing he's a jerk to Isaac.

Will and Lorraine are the poor siblings of St. Theodore's. Their mother works 24/7, yet the racist wife of the richest guy (Howard Price) in town makes it almost impossible to earn a decent job. Will and Lorraine are Bookkeepers, too, and they seek a stone which will let them take riches from Avan.

Finally, Zackary Rhee, who is an Asian kid bullied heavily by the people in their high school. He found friends in Will and Lorraine, and later in Elijah, when he came to their town bloody and bruised after a battle. Another bookkeeper, he seeks to make Mardhig a safe place for he and his friends.

I have no dares save that one where I try to keep myself from killing everyone. There will be death, though, and betrayal, dragons, mild gore, tragedy, dragons, kings and queens, witches and warlocks, DRAGONS, romancDRAGONSSSS!!

Add me. I'm niklitera.

Also, I made an awesome playlist that acts as a great soundtrack for the entire book. So if you're interested, look it up!
October 28th, 2015 at 05:37pm